BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/11/2013 4:20:02 PM EDT
The 107's are back in stock at K-VAR if anyone is interested.  I know some guys have been waiting on them.  Decent price as well.

http://www.k-var.com/shop/SLR-107-Series-7.62x39-Caliber-Bulgarian-Stamped-Receiver-Rifles/
Link Posted: 10/11/2013 4:24:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Just got the email, and just purchased one.  Yeah, $999 isn't a bad price.  These haven't been available for awhile, and it's not as if they're going to get cheaper over time.

I also picked up four 7.62x39 Circle 10 Bulgy mags.  They're only $20 each if you buy the rifle.  That's way cheaper than the regular price.

I keep telling myself "I'm going to get away from 7.62 AK's", but then something like this happens.

ETA: K-Var says they have 300 to sell.  I doubt these will last more than one to two weeks.  I know a lot of people have been waiting for the 107 to return.
Link Posted: 10/11/2013 4:30:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Smoking good deal.

Always wanted one (got a cr and a ur) but in no way, shape or form do I need one.
Link Posted: 10/11/2013 4:34:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Smoking good deal.

Always wanted one (got a cr and a ur) but in no way, shape or form do I need one.
View Quote

I know.  I "need" one like I need another hole in my head.  But my 105 and 106 were getting lonely.  They wanted their 107 back!
Link Posted: 10/11/2013 4:47:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Smoking good deal.

View Quote

Yea, I am resisting the urge.  It is going to take something unique to convince me to purchase anything right now.   Agree, this is a good deal though if one is looking for one.
Link Posted: 10/11/2013 4:50:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I had to do it....
Link Posted: 10/11/2013 5:04:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Ughh you guys are killing me here.I had both a 107CR and a 107FR early this year and sold or traded them like a retard.

Like said above i sure as hell dont need one, but would love to have one again.
Link Posted: 10/11/2013 5:12:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I am holding off for the next batch of 107CRs (if/when they come in), but this is a damn good deal.
Link Posted: 10/11/2013 5:20:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I am holding off for the next batch of 107CRs (if/when they come in), but this is a damn good deal.
View Quote

The CR is a damn fine piece. Light weight, easy to move around in tight spaces.Very nice choice.
Link Posted: 10/11/2013 5:43:13 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The CR is a damn fine piece. Light weight, easy to move around in tight spaces.Very nice choice.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I've got a 106cr and a SA M7r so this rifle is filling a my stamped 7.62 void. I'm happy with the price too.

Link Posted: 10/11/2013 6:24:14 PM EDT
[#10]
I just wish the 105s would come back at $999

But, agreed that this is a great price for a great gun.
Link Posted: 10/11/2013 6:29:59 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm thinking that Kvar rifle sales have dipped a bit, so they are finally trying to make a little more money on Volume than Price for a change.
Already having a 107UR and having recently bought a SAM7SF at the introductory price of $1349, I think I'll hold out for something a little sweeter. Maybe another so-called Game Changer.
Link Posted: 10/11/2013 8:03:20 PM EDT
[#12]
I was going to be so annoyed if they had CR's in stock
Link Posted: 10/11/2013 8:37:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm thinking that Kvar rifle sales have dipped a bit, so they are finally trying to make a little more money on Volume than Price for a change.
Already having a 107UR and having recently bought a SAM7SF at the introductory price of $1349, I think I'll hold out for something a little sweeter. Maybe another so-called Game Changer.
View Quote

I think you're right. They've over-hyped everything to death, hoping their cheesy marketing campaigns would compel us to purchase over-priced rifles from them.

The reality is, they're competing with the rest of the AK market, which has seen a drop in prices. They've probably had to do the same.
Link Posted: 10/11/2013 9:51:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Fuuuuuck I really wish I was stateside so I could buy one of these who knows what the gun market will be like when I pcs back stateside
Link Posted: 10/12/2013 8:56:43 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm kinda surprised to see stamped Bulgarian rifles again.

I was thinking they'd all be milled from now on.
Link Posted: 10/12/2013 9:27:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I think you're right. They've over-hyped everything to death, hoping their cheesy marketing campaigns would compel us to purchase over-priced rifles from them.

The reality is, they're competing with the rest of the AK market, which has seen a drop in prices. They've probably had to do the same.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They've over-hyped some of their products.  Not everything.  People tend to remember those over-hyped deals, but forget about the good deals they've had over the years.

Got my SGl-21 back in '09 for $505.
Got my SLR-106 back in '09 for $649.
Got my SLR-105 in '10 for $699.
Got my SGL-31 in '10 for $830.
Bought the SLR-101S (now SAM7R-61) in '12 for $1049.
Now I have this SLR-107 for $999.

Just as with stocks, you gotta be a buyer of the right items at the right time.  If you avoid the over-hyped models and buy when they have good deals, you can do just fine with K-Var.
Link Posted: 10/12/2013 9:35:51 AM EDT
[#17]
I sadly had to just sell my 762x39 slr107ur.
Link Posted: 10/12/2013 12:47:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Stupid question but how do you order from kvar. I didn't see where I could send over my FFLs info
Link Posted: 10/12/2013 1:01:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Stupid question but how do you order from kvar. I didn't see where I could send over my FFLs info
View Quote

You usually add that info when you create an account on the website.
Link Posted: 10/12/2013 1:14:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

I remember that short time span when they were selling those for killer prices, too bad I had all my 7.62x39's by then
Link Posted: 10/12/2013 2:43:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

They've over-hyped some of their products.  Not everything.  People tend to remember those over-hyped deals, but forget about the good deals they've had over the years.

Just as with stocks, you gotta be a buyer of the right items at the right time.  If you avoid the over-hyped models and buy when they have good deals, you can do just fine with K-Var.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree that some of their "introductory" prices have been "descent", but their significant price increases on various models is not justifiable. They simply did it because they could, such as on the SGL-21 and 31 rifles. I acknowledge that's Capitalism, and that buyers don't have to buy. I was merely making an observation as a long time Arsenal / Kvar customer.
Link Posted: 10/12/2013 2:52:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Well that price is certainly a step in the right direction. I'd be tempted but have no use for a side-folder. Next one's gotta be for the Mrs. and she requires adjustability.
Link Posted: 10/12/2013 3:41:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

...their significant price increases on various models is not justifiable. They simply did it because they could, such as on the SGL-21 and 31 rifles. I acknowledge that's Capitalism, and that buyers don't have to buy. I was merely making an observation as a long time Arsenal / Kvar customer.
View Quote

According to Just_Parker (I think that's his name...he posts here occasionally), the price increase on recent SGL's was entirely from the factory in Russia.  He said they caught on to the whole capitalism thing and realized they could get more for their guns.  I also recall him saying there was some internal debate at FIME about buying SGL's at all at the new prices, with a final decision being made that higher priced guns were better than no guns.

As you said, it's just the markets doing what markets do.  It never bothers me because I know that the price I'm paying today is probably going to seem like a bargain a few years down the road.  

Link Posted: 10/12/2013 3:51:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
they caught on to the whole capitalism thing
View All Quotes
Quoted:
they caught on to the whole capitalism thing

Right, because prior to 2013 they had no clue, totally plausible.

It never bothers me because I know that the price I'm paying today is probably going to seem like a bargain a few years down the road.  

Probably true enough.  Inflation's a fact of life and the curve will likely accelerate thanks to the idiot in charge, guns  are always a good investment, excellent hedge against that very inflation.

Link Posted: 10/12/2013 4:01:15 PM EDT
[#25]
I think its as simple as continually increasing the price until they find the "ceiling" that customers are willing to pay, then stop. But its all good. If I think an Arsenal-Kvar price isn't reasonable, then I simply won't buy. This current $1k offering for the 107FR is not too bad. Like I said, I'd buy it at $1k if I didn't already have my 107UR and SAM7SF. If they get some 107CR rifles in at $1k, then I may consider it. But I still have a feeling that another sweet "milled" offering will be released within the next 6 months.
Link Posted: 10/13/2013 5:29:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Got one too.....................
Link Posted: 10/13/2013 5:43:12 AM EDT
[#27]
I paid $800 for my 107 in April of 2012 and sent it to Rifle Dynamics in July. It should be here next week. Finally!!!!!!!

S/F

Al
Link Posted: 10/13/2013 6:48:11 AM EDT
[#28]

What was Rifle Dynamics doing to it?

Quoted:
I paid $800 for my 107 in April of 2012 and sent it to Rifle Dynamics in July. It should be here next week. Finally!!!!!!!

S/F

Al
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/13/2013 6:54:15 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm in for one thanks for the info
What's the difference between the 107-31 and the 107-21?
I'm glad these are back. I missed the boat before, I was working on the Russian family SGL 21/31. Now to start the Bulgarian family. I'll have the SLR 107 soon and hope to see the SLR 105 come back as well. My Bulgy AK74 kit gun will have to do until the 105s come back.
Which would you say is the better rifle SGL's or SLR's and why? Thanks
Link Posted: 10/13/2013 7:55:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Unlikely we'll ever see imports of 105's ever again.  Luckily I have two.

I picked up a new in box SLR107 about 8 months ago for $960 (plus tax) from a local shop, so $999 is not to bad a price.  

If anyone in northern Utah wants one, right now our local Cabela's has a 107 listed for $999.  It has a rail installed instead of the handguards.  Don't know if it's used or not.  Said it had box and paperwork.
Link Posted: 10/14/2013 1:01:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I'm glad these are back. I missed the boat before, I was working on the Russian family SGL 21/31. Now to start the Bulgarian family. I'll have the SLR 107 soon and hope to see the SLR 105 come back as well. My Bulgy AK74 kit gun will have to do until the 105s come back.
View Quote

31 has the scope rail while 21 does not.

SLR vs. SGL

* SLR has the reinforcement plate under the pistol grip SGL does not
* SLR is a standard folder
* SLR has a chrome lined muzzle brake.  SGL does not.
* SLR has the AKM style bolt while SGL has the 74 style bolt.

Not a huge difference.  I have/had both.  I will be selling a NIB SGL to fund the SLR I ordered.  Just preference really.

Link Posted: 10/15/2013 3:52:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Thanks, seems like SLR is a little nicer. What is a standard folder? I have the SGL 31-95 with the folding stock. What is the difference? I heard the old SLR's had a better more durable finish. Does anyone know the finish on the new SLR's?
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 7:20:35 PM EDT
[#33]
I just got a email with the UPS tracking number from Kvar for the SLR107-34 that I ordered. It should be at the FFL Friday. I have been looking to buy one of these for awhile.
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 7:21:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Just ordered one this morning.  Best price I've seen for it & the mags.  Spent my mag & ammo $$$ I put aside for the SGL31-95 I just got.  Now I need to get that money back x2.

People say ARs multiply but I have like 7 AKs, I think lol, & still have yet to get an AR but have been recently shopping for one.
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 12:50:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

SLR vs. SGL

Not a huge difference.  I have/had both.  I will be selling a NIB SGL to fund the SLR I ordered.  Just preference really.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

SLR vs. SGL

SLR also has a spring loaded firing pin
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 1:41:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Can anyone comment on the quality of these current offerings?  I bought a 107 a few years ago and the first one that was sent to me was absolutely horrible.  It had a canted FSB, the finish was very poor, and the pin that holds the muzzle brake in place had a cross pin that holds it in that was not riveted.  I sent it back and got another one, but was never really happy with it and sold later on.  I now have SGL 21 that is fine, but it also had an issue.  The pin that holds the mag release was not riveted and would walk out during firing.  I got it fixed locally and it is a keeper for sure.
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 2:19:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

SLR vs. SGL

I always miss that!  Also, the dust cover on the SGL is smooth.  Am I forgetting anything else?
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 2:25:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I always miss that!  Also, the dust cover on the SGL is smooth.  Am I forgetting anything else?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

SLR vs. SGL

Pin size is different on the folding SGLs.
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 2:26:34 PM EDT
[#39]
SGL no longer does proper Izhmash (up arrow inside triangle) marking on the trunion, it is now on the receiver for whatever reason.
Not sure if SLR still does the circle 10 stamp on the trunion, but they should be.
SLR has 4.5mm pin for folder, while SGL is 5.5mm
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 5:51:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I just got a email with the UPS tracking number from Kvar for the SLR107-34 that I ordered. It should be at the FFL Friday. I have been looking to buy one of these for awhile.
View Quote

Another one headed to WA state!  I've also been looking for a SLR-107FR triangle folder for a couple years now.  Called this morning and spoke with Justin in sales and he was extremely nice and helpful.  He said they had 20 left, but expect more on the way.  I didn't want to wait and take the chance.

The web site says up to 10 days to ship, Justin told me they are averaging more like 2-3 days.  Well 3PM this afternoon I get the invoice and shipping notification from UPS, same day shipping!

The better news, I already have a box of parts waiting on it to arrive.  Will look like this one very soon...

Link Posted: 10/20/2013 6:09:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Changed my order for 2 rifles. Will be here Tuesday.............
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 7:23:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fast shipping and processing!
Remeber to post pics and give us your initial impression of your SLR107's
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 7:33:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Ordered mine last Sunday, shipped on Tuesday and picked up Friday. Here is a quick pick of it. I am going to change the handguards and pistol grip to wood. And most likely add the Parabellum rail system to mount some optics. I also got the 4 mag deal and pouch. Now anybody know where I can get 3 20rd Hungarian mags?

Link Posted: 10/20/2013 8:19:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Ordered mine last Sunday, shipped on Tuesday and picked up Friday. Here is a quick pick of it. I am going to change the handguards and pistol grip to wood. And most likely add the Parabellum rail system to mount some optics. I also got the 4 mag deal and pouch. Now anybody know where I can get 3 20rd Hungarian mags?

http://imageshack.us/a/img546/2392/b1pl.jpg
View Quote

Need more detailed pics on that beauty!
I also ordered the triangle stock version, mine arrives on Thursday, difficult to be patient...
The finish looks very good, deep rich black color...
Any canted sights?
Is the mag release pin tight and doesn't move when pushing the mag release?

Hungarian 20rd mag
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 8:28:30 AM EDT
[#45]
I'd love a SLR107, but we cant have them in California
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 8:42:07 AM EDT
[#46]
Just called and my order is shipping today.

As usual, K-Var's Customer Service people are friendly, professional and helpful.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 11:10:48 AM EDT
[#47]
must resist urge to buy.....
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 11:16:53 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
must resist urge to buy.....
View Quote

You know you want to, so just do it.
IMO is a very good deal for what it is.

Just sell it to me later for $800 if you don't want it.
I always have room for 1 more SLR107
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 11:26:02 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Just called and my order is shipping today.

As usual, K-Var's Customer Service people are friendly, professional and helpful.
View Quote

My first experience with K-Var and I can't say enough good things.  Extremely helpful, nice, and overall just a great buying experience.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 11:26:48 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Any canted sights?
Is the mag release pin tight and doesn't move when pushing the mag release?
View Quote

This is NOT a Century AK we are talking about...

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top