AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 11:59:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

My first experience with K-Var and I can't say enough good things.  Extremely helpful, nice, and overall just a great buying experience.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just called and my order is shipping today.

As usual, K-Var's Customer Service people are friendly, professional and helpful.

My first experience with K-Var and I can't say enough good things.  Extremely helpful, nice, and overall just a great buying experience.

+1, they helped me out tons when I pre-ordered a SGL 31-94 while I was deployed, great service
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 12:09:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

This is NOT a Century AK we are talking about...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any canted sights?
Is the mag release pin tight and doesn't move when pushing the mag release?

This is NOT a Century AK we are talking about...

There ARE reports of Arsenal/FIME guns having canted sights.
I own 5 Arsenal guns and none of them have canted sights, but have seen multiple rifles having canted sights.
However, 2 of my Arsenal guns have movement in the pin that holds the mag release. Probably no big deal, but a bit annoying.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 4:12:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Need more detailed pics on that beauty!
I also ordered the triangle stock version, mine arrives on Thursday, difficult to be patient...
The finish looks very good, deep rich black color...
Any canted sights?

Hungarian 20rd mag
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ordered mine last Sunday, shipped on Tuesday and picked up Friday. Here is a quick pick of it. I am going to change the handguards and pistol grip to wood. And most likely add the Parabellum rail system to mount some optics. I also got the 4 mag deal and pouch. Now anybody know where I can get 3 20rd Hungarian mags?

http://imageshack.us/a/img546/2392/b1pl.jpg

Need more detailed pics on that beauty!
I also ordered the triangle stock version, mine arrives on Thursday, difficult to be patient...
The finish looks very good, deep rich black color...
Any canted sights?

Hungarian 20rd mag

Thanks for the link. The finish is a nice deep black. The sights our not canted and the mag release pin is fine. All around the rifle looks and feels great. I just want to tweak it a little bit for my needs. As soon as I get the wood back from re-finish I will post some more pics.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 5:00:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Picked mine up today and there is one minor variation.  The brake is not the chrome lined Bulgarian brake but the non-chrome lined US brake.  Not a big deal, just noting the deviation.

Link Posted: 10/21/2013 5:30:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Picked mine up today and there is one minor variation.  The brake is not the chrome lined Bulgarian brake but the non-chrome lined US brake.  Not a big deal, just noting the deviation.

View Quote

FCG (3parts), Pistol Grip, Hand Guards, Muzzle Brake, are the 6 US made parts.
With the triangle stock being Bulgarian made, I would think they need the US made muzzle brake on there.
As for the polymer folding stock version, I guess they have 7 US made parts, since the polymer stock is also US made.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 5:31:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Thanks for the link. The finish is a nice deep black. The sights our not canted and the mag release pin is fine. All around the rifle looks and feels great. I just want to tweak it a little bit for my needs. As soon as I get the wood back from re-finish I will post some more pics.
View Quote

Good to hear no issue with your SLR107!
Can not wait to get my hands on mine this Thursday.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 7:17:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

With the triangle stock being Bulgarian made, I would think they need the US made muzzle brake on there.
As for the polymer folding stock version, I guess they have 7 US made parts, since the polymer stock is also US made.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine has the poly stock so 7.   I believe the earlier 107's had the chrome lined Bulgarian brakes.  Like I said, not a big deal, I was just noting the deviation.  You are probably correct in that they do need the US brake when using the triangle stock so they probably just install them on all of them now.

Link Posted: 10/21/2013 8:17:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Mine has the poly stock so 7.   I believe the earlier 107's had the chrome lined Bulgarian brakes.  Like I said, not a big deal, I was just noting the deviation.  You are probably correct in that they do need the US brake when using the triangle stock so they probably just install them on all of them now.

View Quote

I've had three 107s (all poly stock) over the years and all of them had the Kvar made non-chrome brake.  I prefer it since it's an extra US part.  
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 9:30:44 AM EDT
[#9]
I ordered one. I was super excited but K-Var canceled the order, they don't like my billing address.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 4:03:24 PM EDT
[#10]
My two came today. Looks super !!!!!
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 4:23:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My two came today. Looks super !!!!!
View Quote

Pictures!
We need some pictures!
Let's see some pictures!

Link Posted: 10/22/2013 8:33:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I ordered one. I was super excited but K-Var canceled the order, they don't like my billing address.
View Quote

Call them on the phone and place the order, super easy and very friendly/helpful.  That's how I did my order, and it shipped the same day!
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 8:47:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Call them on the phone and place the order, super easy and very friendly/helpful.  That's how I did my order, and it shipped the same day!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They won't  take my order. I got this email - " In light of the recent gun legislation change and sensitive political climate, we are unable to bill or ship any items to Cook County, IL .  Your payment has not been processed.  Your closed sales order is attached for reference."

I called and they said that's their policy. First of all they never stipulate anything about "crook" county on their website. Second I can kind of see not shipping although I feel if a FFL in Cook county contacts them and supplies the necessary paperwork for the transfer K-Var should be ok with that. What really threw me off was they refused to "Bill" to cook county residents, that's the nail in the coffin for me.

I'm just glad they let me know as soon as they did so I could cancel $900 worth of orders from various other retailers in anticipation of getting into a new caliber/platform.  

Link Posted: 10/22/2013 9:31:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

They won't  take my order. I got this email - " In light of the recent gun legislation change and sensitive political climate, we are unable to bill or ship any items to Cook County, IL .  Your payment has not been processed.  Your closed sales order is attached for reference."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know where you live, and the current conditions.  Don't play dumb, guess it's time to move!
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 4:07:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You know where you live, and the current conditions.  Don't play dumb, guess it's time to move!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1.  My understanding is that Chicago outright bans "assault weapons", and that the other 130 towns in Cook County have their own policies that differ from town to town.  You can't expect that K-Var would maintain an up-to-date list of which towns they can ship to in a single gun-unfriendly county.
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 10:17:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Picked up my SLR107FR from the FFL today.  Thanks K-VAR, it's perfect in every way, and just what I've been waiting years for!

I also grabbed the four Circle 10 magazines for $80.  I'm already plenty stocked up on 30rd and 40rd Circle 10's, however I couldn't pass up that deal.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 10:26:04 AM EDT
[#17]
^ Very Very nice looking SLR107

My rifle arrived today and will be picking it up tomorrow morning
Will report back with some pics and some overall assessment on the rifle.
Already have a feeling I might like the SLR107 more than my SGL21-94....
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 3:42:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Got mine. Arsenal quality as usual.

Link Posted: 10/24/2013 6:42:50 PM EDT
[#19]
The SAM7K PISTOL is not a good candidate for a true AK folder. I would much prefer the SLR 107UR Pistol. Kvar must know that would be a hot seller?    
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 6:48:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The SAM7K PISTOL is not a good candidate for a true AK folder. I would much prefer the SLR 107UR Pistol. Kvar must know that would be a hot seller?    
View Quote

If they had the parts to convert the SAM7K pistol, they would sell a ton of them.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 8:15:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Does anyone have a pic of the polymer stock and triangle stocked rifles side by side? I have a 107cr and I'am trying to find out what other route to take. God bless
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 10:07:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Does anyone have a pic of the polymer stock and triangle stocked rifles side by side? I have a 107cr and I'am trying to find out what other route to take. God bless
View Quote

Honestly, its nice to have one of each stock to swap when you get bored of the look.
But if you go the triangle stock route, you will want to wrap the top of it with 550 paracord to avoid the check burn when shooting in the cold. The cold metal really burns.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:11:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top