Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2011 8:32:13 PM EDT
I found a Cugir Romak 3 PSL locally for $500. It appears to be lightly used. Most likely someone needed cash quickly and sold it. It has a Russian optic as well, but I'm not sure what model. For the money, it appears to be a good deal.

The only obvious issue was that the gas block was canted to the right and the bayonet lug was missing. The trigger was very good, and the action was smooth without binding or excessive rattle. The mag locks in well with no movement. Safety functions properly.

Anything else I should look for? Can the gas block be fixed easily?
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 8:39:01 PM EDT
[#1]
How badly is it canted? If it's slightly canted, you should be fine. But you never know. Someone should be able to chime in about that. I think you can tap the pins out of the gas block and hammer it straight.

That's a pretty good deal on the PSL, though. On the EE you can get a PSL w/ scope for 7-800. Luckily you can inspect everything in person so that's a +
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 8:51:34 PM EDT
[#2]
It's quite a bit off. The gas tube and handguard are a bit tweaked as a result. If it can be fixed without too much trouble, I might try and get them to come down on the price a bit.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 8:59:53 PM EDT
[#3]
If it's canted pretty badly, I can imagine some cycling issues with the rifle. Like you said, i'd talk him down on price a bit. Did you check and see if the BCG had any wear on it?
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 11:21:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Pull the piston out and look for signs of unusual wear on the piston and the gas tube.
Even if it shows signs of wear, $500 is a pretty good price and you can always send it to Jim Fuller at Rifle Dynamics for some love.
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 5:15:16 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Pull the piston out and look for signs of unusual wear on the piston and the gas tube.

Even if it shows signs of wear, $500 is a pretty good price and you can always send it to Jim Fuller at Rifle Dynamics for some love.

this. Fixing cant is easy, reat price on a rifle, and if you can fix it yourself you're way ahead of the game. I just bough an FAL w/ messed up feed ramp, 2 little tack welds and a little bit of smoothing (20 minutes of my time) and I have a $900 for less than $500.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top