Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2010 6:29:35 AM EDT
I have a Romanian WASR AK made for a single stack magazine.   The previous owner put in a Red Star trigger group but it seemed to be set to light and often fired twice on one pull of the trigger.  After I bought it, I took the trigger group out and reset it and re-installed it.  The firing is ok now but the pin that holds the trigger group (going into the receiver from the left side, through the trigger group, and into the right side of the receiver) now doesn't seem to hold properley on the right side.  After firing a few rounds, the pin comes loose and the trigger group moves a little, causing a jam.  I'm afraid to wham on the pin too hard and there isn't any retaining clip or anything where the pin goes into the right side of the receiver.  Any suggestions on this?

Also, this is the AK made for the assault rifle ban and has a single stack magazine.  Can these AKs be modified to accept double-stack magazines, or, is there a double-stack magazine adapter available somewhere?

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:50:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like your shepard's hook did not catch the grooves in the pins.  Pix help as well   Welcome to the forum.

btw, your rifle "never" shoots more than 1 rd per trigger pull...  Someone else's did or it is hypothetical
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:54:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Pics would help others with advice on FCG issues.

Yes, you can 'open' the magwell to accept high capacity magazines, but you will need to add two US compliance parts in order to be legal. If you thread the barrel, you will need to add 3 US parts. I saw a thread about converting the single stack WASRs to doublestack, but can't remember where it was. Google is your friend Obviously, you need to 'open' the bottom of the receiver to accept the doublestacks. Also, I think there is some metal inside that will need to be relieved to make it work. The area I am referring to is inside the magwell and the metal there serves to steady the singlestack mags. Go slow and don't get carried away removing material. It is a fairly simple operation and a Dremel will make it much faster. Good luck!
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:12:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info, I had forgotten about the hook!

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top