Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2010 11:40:38 AM EDT
Could someone please explain in "for dummies" fashion what the difference is between a Romanian and a East German side folding wire stock.? As I understand it the Romanian utilizes an existing rear trunnion and the East German one doesn't and that is about it. Please fill me in!

Secondarily, can I expect most parts from other AK47s to fit a Romanian one?

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 6/4/2010 12:04:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Both use the standard fixed stock trunion.  The East German or DDR stock has a slightly different angle than the Rommy and comes with eh locking mechanism in pieces and must be put together.  Takes 5 minutes or so no biggie.  The DDR and Polish wire folders use a sheetmetal block that inserts into the receiver.  The block is secure using the pistol grip nut.  The are considered nicer than the Rommy folders by some.  Found a tutorial to install Installation of an East German wire folder

Most AK parts are completely interchangable if from the same caliber and same receiver gun.  7.62 part should fit any 7.62 gun so long as they are both milled or both stamped receivers.  They may require some fitting as tolerances can vary.  A mallet and set of files should be part of every AK owners tool kit.  Good luck.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top