Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2010 9:39:20 AM EDT
I have a Saiga built by Henderson Defense with a side-folding AK-103 solid polymer buttstock.  Apparently they used Bulgarian hardware because I recently purchased a Russian triangle side-folder and the pins and holes are not the same size!  

I also have a Bulgarian 107UR that cannot accept the triangle side folder.

Is there any way to modify the Russian buttstock to work on these Bulgarian mounts or do I just need to sell the Russian folder and go back to scouring the Internet for an overpriced Bulgarian triangle?
Link Posted: 4/21/2010 10:21:27 AM EDT
[#1]
The Bulgarian stocks use a 4.5mm hinge pin. The Russian stocks use a 5.5mm hinge pin.

To use the Russian stock, you would need to sleeve the hinge to take up the 1mm difference. I read on another forum where someone mentioned doing this with the brass from a 22LR shell.

Link Posted: 4/21/2010 10:21:29 AM EDT
[#2]
no, but I will trade you!!! I need a Russian triangle and can swap you out if you want. IM me

ETA: +$

Link Posted: 4/21/2010 10:24:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
no, but I will trade you!!! I need a Russian triangle and can swap you out if you want. IM me

ETA: +$

Even better solution!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top