Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/5/2009 8:35:47 AM EDT
I like the triangle folder on the SLR-106, also like the fact that its under warranty, I've heard its a STEYR chrome lined barrel as well. Those are the pros. Not liking plastic furniture and the mag expense is the con in my mind.

I love YUGO's. I already own an M70ab1 as well as an M76. They are dead sexy in my opinion. The pros, I'm familiar with the platform, love the aesthetics. Cons, I know mags are tougher to find than bulgarians, not a giant fan of an underfolder, not sure if barrel is chrome lined or not, its $100 more expensive and its on a Vulcan receiver.  

Looking for input about making an informed decision. I do value collectible potential somewhat but with they way it stands neither is really uber rare. I'm looking to be able to pick it up, plink accurately out to 100 yards and scratch my AK itch between shooting sessions with the AR's and FAL's. Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 8:37:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I would buy nothing on a vulcan reciever=outta spec and soft ejector rails.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 8:55:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I would buy nothing on a vulcan reciever=outta spec and soft ejector rails.

Ayup. Additionally, if you've already got two yugos, get a bulgy.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:11:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd also pass on anything made on a Vulcan receiver.

If you love Yugos and want a M95, find one built on a NDS receiver.  No surprise the M95 costs more than the SLR, that's the way the market has been for quite some time now.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 11:50:31 AM EDT
[#4]
I agree with the others... Vulcan =

If you want a 5.56 AK folder other than the SLR-106, try to find a Norinco 84S-1 underfolder. I have the fixed stock version, and it is a top notch AK.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 12:33:52 PM EDT
[#5]
With the lowered price of the 106's then this hands down!
Basically a "factory" gun with folding stock. Midway currently has the
magazines on sale so go grab one! The furniture can be changed out and you
can add a triangle folder if you do not like the polymer one.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top