Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2009 12:06:39 PM EDT
Shot my KTR yesterday, and after every 3 or 4 shots my damn trigger pin would come loose and I would get a 2 round burst. Just running a fix by you guys. Trigger pin retaining plate? Seems like a no brainer.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 12:33:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Trigger Pin Retaining Plate should fix it. Is there any E-Clips on it or anything right now?
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 2:31:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Shot my KTR yesterday, and after every 3 or 4 shots my damn trigger pin would come loose and I would get a 2 round burst. Just running a fix by you guys. Trigger pin retaining plate? Seems like a no brainer.

That would be a negatron.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 10:15:06 AM EDT
[#3]

I would order a retaining plate from one of the online sources. Clips will do and are easy to find at the hardware store.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:21:37 PM EDT
[#4]
If your pins are walking they are probably worn.  I would not doubt if the holes egged a bit as well.

Get new pins (Kvar has them); install retainer plate and you should be good to go.

Keep the trigger and hammer pin lubed up with grease in the future to prevent galling or future wear.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:44:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Tapco L wire, will equall less play in the axis pin than a retaining plate, installs the same way and is 1/3rd the price.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top