Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2009 2:57:41 PM EDT
I saw a Saiga Legion 20 at a funshow this past weekend. I know the seller personally and he was asking around $950. Is that too much for a Legion right now? I have about half that much saved up, but I'm thinking about asking for a lay-away so I can at least have it guaranteed and then make $100/month payments until it's paid off. I'd hate to pass up an opportunity to own one, but I'm not into getting raped over price either.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 3:49:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I've seen them locally between $895 and $999.  The $895 ones did not have the muzzle compensator.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 3:53:15 PM EDT
[#2]
at the gun show a few weeks ago they were 950 to 1100 they had three different colors with a few different brakes and such. the one for 1100 was the side folder.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 4:10:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I've looked at those on gun broker and saw one with a "buy it now"  for 939 plus free shipping ––cheapest I saw.

I recieved a email from Onpoint firearms where I purchase my 107fr and the legions 20's were 839 but only had plum or desert tan stock sets. ––sold out when I investagted further

If I were actively looking for a rifle  these seem like a deccent deal since the arsenal 107 series seems sporadic in terms of not being in stock whereever I've looked.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 4:13:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 4:34:22 PM EDT
[#5]
If these had been side folders my credit card would be dead meat.

Then again, this is the age of the $700 WASR.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 5:46:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
at the gun show a few weeks ago they were 950 to 1100 they had three different colors with a few different brakes and such. the one for 1100 was the side folder.

They don't make the SGL 20 in a side folder, that must have been an SLR 107F
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 7:04:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I think mine was $950 + tax. It was the black version with the 30rd mag, Arsenal brake and Warsaw lenght stock. The dealer I got it from is very good with his pricing, very fair; I'd say that should be ballpark price.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 6:16:21 PM EDT
[#8]
I just got one last week off Gunbroker for $899 plus shipping. It has the plum furniture, 30 rd mag, and only a muzzle nut. I saw one locally for $1399. That's the only one I've seen local. I haven't fired it yet but it seems very nice. Even better than my 106CR. I was, however, disappointed because it did not come with a cleaning kit, oiler, or sling, which I was expecting.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 2:43:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Bought one too:

List of issues:

1) Plunger pin for brake not secured. Fell out. Fixed it with a new one.

2) Magazine catch retaining pin not secured. Fix with a new one. I HATE replacing those, but came out prefect.

3) Receiver cover gap with safety lever. Replacing cover.

4) East German selector lever (I believe it to be East German) didn't fit right, way too lose in front, scraping the side of the receiver in the rear. Fitted an unissued lever identical to the one I replaced. Smooth as silk now.

5) Two trigger guard rivet's not properly seated. Will have that fixed.

6) The gas block lug pin was grinded off right under the front pin on LH side. Looks terribe, and doesn't match up to the RH side. Replacing gas block with lug intact so no bigge there.

7) TERRIBLE finish that bubbles off with cleaners. Will be reparked, and coated in satin black MOLYRESIN.

8) Burrs here and there on the receiver.

9) Don't like the ARSENAL FCG, so I modified the receiver with an extra cut-out for a G2 double hook, along with a Red Star Arms retainer plate.

10) Gas tube HORRIBLY tight. Removed spring, nice snug fit, but exposed opening on LH/RH side. Will fit an unissued Polish AKM tube once gas block is replaced.

Good news was the test target is good, no cant, and the front sight is prefectly centered. I would suggest examing one IN PERSON very well before purchase.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 4:42:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Bought one too:

List of issues:

2) Magazine catch retaining pin not secured. Fix with a new one. I HATE replacing those, but came out prefect.

4) East German selector lever (I believe it to be East German) didn't fit right, way too lose in front, scraping the side of the receiver in the rear. Fitted an unissued lever identical to the one I replaced. Smooth as silk now.

6) The gas block lug pin was grinded off right under the front pin on LH side. Looks terribe, and doesn't match up to the RH side. Replacing gas block with lug intact so no bigge there.

7) TERRIBLE finish that bubbles off with cleaners. Will be reparked, and coated in satin black MOLYRESIN.

9) Don't like the ARSENAL FCG, so I modified the receiver with an extra cut-out for a G2 double hook, along with a Red Star Arms retainer plate.

10) Gas tube HORRIBLY tight. Removed spring, nice snug fit, but exposed opening on LH/RH side. Will fit an unissued Polish AKM tube once gas block is replaced.

Good news was the test target is good, no cant, and the front sight is prefectly centered. I would suggest examing one IN PERSON very well before purchase.

Fawk, thats just great for a $1000 rifle

I have an SLR105 in perfect condition and got a nice 107UR near the end of when Arsenal was having so much trouble with the 107 series. I love them both but I really expected more from Arsenal with the Legion series. Sounds like they aren't back up to speed yet, though I guess that hasn't slowed down their pricing.

Z

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:05:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Bought one too:

List of issues:

1) Plunger pin for brake not secured. Fell out. Fixed it with a new one. - Mine is fine.

2) Magazine catch retaining pin not secured. Fix with a new one. I HATE replacing those, but came out prefect.  - Mine is fine.

3) Receiver cover gap with safety lever. Replacing cover.  - Again mine is fine.

4) East German selector lever (I believe it to be East German) didn't fit right, way too lose in front, scraping the side of the receiver in the rear. Fitted an unissued lever identical to the one I replaced. Smooth as silk now.  - Mine is fine.

5) Two trigger guard rivet's not properly seated. Will have that fixed.  - Mine are fine.  

6) The gas block lug pin was grinded off right under the front pin on LH side. Looks terribe, and doesn't match up to the RH side. Replacing gas block with lug intact so no bigge there. - Mine are fine.  

7) TERRIBLE finish that bubbles off with cleaners. Will be reparked, and coated in satin black MOLYRESIN.  - Finish could be better.  But I knew when I bought it that Arsenals finish could be removed with the wrong cleaners.  CLP only.

8) Burrs here and there on the receiver.  - Could have been smoothed better.  

9) Don't like the ARSENAL FCG, so I modified the receiver with an extra cut-out for a G2 double hook, along with a Red Star Arms retainer plate.  - Mine felt gritty, little smooting with a file made a huge difference.

10) Gas tube HORRIBLY tight. Removed spring, nice snug fit, but exposed opening on LH/RH side. Will fit an unissued Polish AKM tube once gas block is replaced. - Mine is fine.

Good news was the test target is good, no cant, and the front sight is prefectly centered. I would suggest examing one IN PERSON very well before purchase.  - Most accurate AK I have.

Mine had a few of these issues but I happy with the gun.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:30:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Bought one too:

List of issues:

Wow. All I had was a very tight gas tube (maybe not a bad thing), the US upper hand guard is a very tight fit and needs to be adjusted and the Arsenal finish which which I knew and expected. On the plus side this is the most accurate AK I've ever shot. The Arsenal FCG on my other AKs gets smoother with use so no issue there, I don't like the G2 much.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:22:20 PM EDT
[#13]
The main thing that I have noticed on these is that the top cover hangs over the receiver in such a way that IMO looks like ass and that has been consistent on essentially every one that I have seen. Not like its hard to replace, but on a rifle like that I wouldn't want to go switching out parts.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top