Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/30/2007 10:01:55 PM EDT
Where do you buy a parts kit to build an AK-47?
*  Where do I purchace it?
*  Where do I acquire the receiver?
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 10:11:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Nodak Spud is the best source for quality AK receivers. They are made by DCI.

There are various sources for AK parts kits, but you need to decide what kind of AK you want 1st. In other words, what country and what configuration; caliber, full stock, underfolder, sidefolder, etc.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 10:28:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Russian made pref
7.62 cal
full stock

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 10:46:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Romanian parts (Romy-G) are pretty much standard AKM-type, with the exception of the front grip. Copes  has kits for about $140.

Russian/Soviet parts are rare and expensive.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 10:58:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Where do you buy a parts kit to build an AK-47?
*  Where do I purchace it?
*  Where do I acquire the receiver?

You can't legally build an AK-47 without a manufacturers license from BATFE. That would be a machinegun. You can legally build a semi-automatic AK47 type variant from a demilled AK47 parts kit as long as your US parts count is correct.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 2:02:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Sarge: As posted by one member, Copes has kits, also J/G sales, DPH, Gunthings,
do a Google with any of those names, and you will find your kits. Dont wait too long.
Also check the Eq. Exch. for members selling used kits they wish to sell here on this board.

No Dak does sell a great receiver, and I concur they would be a great choice.

HTH
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 2:01:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I Just picked up 1980 Romanian"G" kit from Sportsmans Guide for $127 (member price). Even though the add says no cleaning rod included, it had one, and other than the fact the wood looked like crap, which is to be expected, everything else was there and all the important serial numbers matched. This thing was not gooped up with cosmoline like the last like I received from Gunbroker, and is in even better shape.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top