Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2007 11:47:17 AM EDT
Has anyone here done a comparison between the J-Tac47 and the Krinkov muzzle brake?

Which one is better?

Why?

Or is there one better than those two?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 12:36:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a JTac and it rocks; killer muzzle flashes and keeps the muzzle down.  I don't have experience with the Krink brake.

Some people like the AK74 brake in 7.62 on thiers, but again I only know about slant brake vs. JTac.
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 12:49:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 1:00:23 PM EDT
[#3]
height=8
Quoted:
... No reason for a Krink booster on a full-length rifle.

Not sure what that means... is the Krink not a decent muzzle brake?

Does it double as a decent flash suprressor?

I've seen the videos of the J-TAC, the performance is very impressive. However, the other respondent said 'killer muzzle flashes' - I have hoping to reduce muzzle climb AND flash, in the (hopefully) unlikely event of a TSHTF scenario I'd prefer not to advertise my location.

Thanks for the replies!
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 1:05:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 2:27:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I used the term "killer" because I personally think it kicks ass

The flash is largely contained inside the JTac, but noticable from the rear and side of the rifle in broad daylight.
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 2:52:00 PM EDT
[#6]
It's a Hungarian SA-85.

I want to use it primarily for 3-gun competition, hence the desire to stay on target as much as possible during rapid fire.
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 2:52:59 PM EDT
[#7]
height=8
Quoted:
I used the term "killer" because I personally think it kicks asshe

Got it!

But at night, does it scream, "I'M HERE!!!"?
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 9:36:38 PM EDT
[#8]
quote]But at night, does it scream, "I'M HERE!!!"?[/quote

I just installed my J-Tac. Hopefully I can give you a review this weekend. Just need to find the time. Not sure about a night shoot though. I will pay close attention to the flash for you. As I am curious as well.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 5:20:57 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I used the term "killer" because I personally think it kicks ass

The flash is largely contained inside the JTac, but noticable from the rear and side of the rifle in broad daylight.

Got it!

But at night, does it scream, "I'M HERE!!!"?

Well I was standing in the shade of some trees while firing, and my friends off to my right said they saw them clearly, so translate that to night and yeah, I'd say it gives the weapons' position away.  Again, this is a muzzle brake, not a flash hider so I'm not concerned about it but you may be.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 7:22:10 AM EDT
[#10]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pSRD-sdPsk

Interesting little clip...dosen't show any thing for night and flash reduction though
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 11:56:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks, Y'all!

I'm wondering if there's a product that reduces muzzle flash, climb, and recoil - a best of all worlds?

That's why I was originally looking at the Krinkov muzzle device.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 8:40:21 PM EDT
[#12]
With the Jtac I noticed reduced muzzle climb. I also added the BlackJack Buffer. With both installed the recoil was slightly less, I mean enough to notice, which enabled me to get back on target faster and more controllable. I think the two together provide a decent "tune up" for the AK.

By the way I put a BJB in my M4 and did not notice much of any difference. Just my 2 cents since alot of us on here have both rifles I thought I would spill the beans.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top