Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/3/2003 6:32:27 PM EDT
Hey,

Which Kobra do you guys like/prefer and why the EKP-8-02 or EKP-1S-03M?

I can't decide which one I like better. I see things in each of them I like.
I wish they made one with all the features I like.

I like how the -02 sits awesome on the rifle and is smooth all over and the control knob isn't on top so much.
But on the -03M, I like the ribbed body and the rubber sun shade on the 03M though.

I also heard the -03M's knob can kinda block the target view??? true or false?

thanks
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 3:37:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I enjoy 2 of the coin battery 8-02s, with no view problems. I do wish it had the covers over the knobs like the older model, but they are not very easily bumped. Also a strong case to reset Zero to make the bump easier to spot if it happens. The newer model also has claimed longer battery life and a clearly stronger side bracket. But if prefer to recharge AAs, consider the earlier model.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 11:51:55 AM EDT
[#2]
the litte watch batteries don't bother me one bit!  

the AA model is the one with the ribbed sides right? I like that but the one that has the flat side is nice too plus I think maybe it sits lower

I get them mixed up really easy
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 1:47:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Ribbed depends on the angle, but the coin model is flat/solid when viewed from the left side. Batteries are just $3 at Radio Shack.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 2:45:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Have the EKP-8-02 model sitting on my Hungarian AK, love this sight. Only comparison was with an Aimpoint compM I had sitting on my M4 carbine once upon a time.

Solid built sight, keeps its zero after detachment very well. Eliminates the short sight radius of the iron sights and turns your AK into a beater.....

I outshot a SIG 551 two days ago on the range at 50 meters, my groups were as tight as his but scorecount was higher because my shots landed in the 8-9 zone and his high in the 7-8 zone...of course he's denying everything but that's the truth...outshot by a humble AK w/Kobra with simple Barnaul FMJ's
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 2:51:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought the EKP-1S-03M because I wanted to use AA batteries. One less thing to worry about. I know that the coin-type batteries are readily available, but maybe not in my home in an emergency situation. Heck, I can steal AA batteries from my TV's remote control if I have to.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 1:58:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm thinking of getting one for my FAL w/tapco weaver rail dust cover.  Which is generally considered more sturdy the Weaver model with the thumb screws or the Weaver model with the QD levers?

Thanks
Rich
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 6:01:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Wait wait, so the EKP-8-02 doesn't come with a sunshade deal?
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 6:29:20 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'm thinking of getting one for my FAL w/tapco weaver rail dust cover.  Which is generally considered more sturdy the Weaver model with the thumb screws or the Weaver model with the QD levers?

The thumb screw model has worked well on my FAL. I do not have any extended experience with the QD lever model.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top