Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2013 8:47:54 AM EDT
Most of these aftermarket folding stocks that are out there I really dont care for.  I want something strong but yet folds (preferbly to the side) and is the most compact possible.

Suggestions?
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:07:31 AM EDT
[#1]
The original east german or romi folder is what you want.   Compact, very strong.  Locks up tight.  Used to be inexpensive.   Don't know of a good source right now.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:18:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Polish Beryl folders are 5/8" shorter than the Romy folders.  I have both and measured each of them a while back.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:43:48 AM EDT
[#3]
bonesteel arms makes a galil style side folder that is "entry" length, don't know if they still make it, they make a warsaw length version also
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 2:41:09 PM EDT
[#4]
+1 on the Polish Beryl M96 stock. Not the newer collapsible.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 2:53:13 PM EDT
[#5]
When you say compact do you mean length or size of the hinge?
For length, as has been stated, the Beryl folder is the shortest.
For hinge compactness the 4.5 and 5.5mm Bulgarian and Russian folders definitely win.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 3:03:53 PM EDT
[#6]
By compactness, Im referring to both the length reduction when folded as well as the part at the rear of the reciever.
I have an SGL21 Im wanting to put it on

This one that AIM has looks interesting, but I think there is another part required?
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:04:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I believe the ACE super short side folder is about the same length as the Polish Beryl stock, the ACE super short is 7.5", 8" with the .5" recoil pad; receiver block is 1.5" but it only sticks out as far as the tang.
ACE makes an internal adapter block for milled receivers as well, but you'd have to cut the tang; it'd drop an inch off your LOP though.

http://riflestocks.com/store/product2.html

http://riflestocks.com/store/page13.html
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 7:26:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
By compactness, Im referring to both the length reduction when folded as well as the part at the rear of the reciever.

This one that AIM has looks interesting, but I think there is another part required?
View Quote

For that the Russian/Bulgarian folders are number 1.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 8:03:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Uploaded with ImageShack.com

I have it.  It just depends how you want to use it.  If you want to set it up as a folder you need an Ace (or similar) adaptor.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:10:03 AM EDT
[#10]
The underfolding stocks are the most compact. Just sayin.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 12:41:33 PM EDT
[#11]
A little off topic, but are there any folders that work with the wood stock?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:10:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Just this one

Actually, someone has mounted a wood stock to an ACE sidefolder:
"Ace sidefolder hinge, AKM-type wood stock cut down and mounted to the folder, and refinished to match the russian wood.
The LOP is within millimeters of a standard AKM stock, I had it cut down to compensate for the extra length the folding mech would add. It handles just like a standard AKM, which is a big plus for me."

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top