User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2013 6:24:08 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 5:37:01 AM EDT
[#1]
If you have a side mount you could buy this:

http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=447

But it would more than a Bushnell TRS-25 which I think are $70 on Amazon.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 8:10:14 AM EDT
[#2]
What are you mounting the sight on? The rifle dynamics stock adapter might be your ticket.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 10:08:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 11:18:37 AM EDT
[#4]
A midwest or ultimak will get the sight lower and a MRDS will get it lower still. Even then you will probably need to go to an AR stock adapter to get adjustable height. From other posts/threads it seems like the above mounts with a MRDS and a rifle dynamics stock adapter will give you what you are looking for.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 2:19:06 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Morning guys. I have a PA 30mm red dot with the low pro mount but the cheek weld with the wood stock isn't very good. I like the red dot but want to be able to get a good cheek weld that is repeatable.

Is there a stock that will allow me to do this or do I need to get a micro red dot? Would a micro even help that much?
View Quote

The Mako/Fab Defense UAS-AKP gets very good reviews from those who own it.  It's a folder with an adjustable cheek rest.

Link Posted: 10/24/2013 7:35:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 2:26:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Morning guys. I have a PA 30mm red dot with the low pro mount but the cheek weld with the wood stock isn't very good. I like the red dot but want to be able to get a good cheek weld that is repeatable.

Is there a stock that will allow me to do this or do I need to get a micro red dot? Would a micro even help that much?
View Quote

What variant of AK? What type of mount?
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 6:25:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 9:57:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Make 90 with a quad rail that replaces the front furniture.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What variant of AK? What type of mount?

Make 90 with a quad rail that replaces the front furniture.

Which brand of quad rail? They aren't all made equal. Does your rifle have a side rail?
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 10:14:44 PM EDT
[#10]
I guess they might make an traditional AK stock with a cheek riser, but I've never seen it. There are those cheek pads they sell that you attach to the stock.

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 6:35:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:20:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Im not quite sure what stock is going to help you, but I can tell you from experience(I used to run the same optic forward), running that PA 30mm forward on a quad rail is doing yourself a huge disservice. You are putting all the weight of the Optic and rail over your extended arm, on an already slightly heavier platform. Like someone already suggested... Use the MI side mount, if you have that option, or the TWS Dogleg, and mount that CompM style sight over the receiver. This will also move the optic closer to your eye, giving you a better chance at achieving the cheek weld you desire. Ultimak sells a low-profile 30mm ring mount, its expensive, but its one of the lowest 30mm picatinny mounts.  A micro is much better suited for being a forward mounted optic because it weighs very little.

If you are dead set on running it forward, and not on an ultimak gastube......   have you considered a Magpul CTR Stock with cheek riser? Im assuming "m4 traditional" is what you are after if you've already added a quad rail.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:46:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 9:39:01 AM EDT
[#14]
I would suggest you get a comfortable stock because you're not going to have "cheeck weld" per se, more of a "jaw weld"; this is why people paracord wrap their triangle folders and underfolders because it really rattles your jaw after 30 rds otherwise.
You can try a Bonesteel sidefolder:
http://bonesteelarms.com/Mak-90-Folding-Galil-style-stock-MAKFSGL.htm

This is what I did with my Polish Beryl side folder, put some A/C pipe insulation foam around the tube:
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 9:44:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Rifle Dynamics stock adapter and AR15 stock of your choice.

I run a Magpul CTR with the RD adapter, TWS rail and a Aimpoint Pro which works great for me.  

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:15:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Rifle Dynamics stock adapter and AR15 stock of your choice.

I run a Magpul CTR with the RD adapter, TWS rail and a Aimpoint Pro which works great for me.  

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/stmcelroy/media/Guns/2013-03-31133255_zps2992e91a.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/stmcelroy/Guns/2013-03-31133255_zps2992e91a.jpg</a>
View Quote

This is what I was going to suggest. If you run a CTR, you can use cheek risers too. It's my favorite non-traditional stock configuration.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top