Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2012 3:39:08 PM EDT
Go ahead, tell me why i should NOT buy one of these for my 74. I have always wanted one and Ive been getting kinda sick of iron sights lately. I dont really want a 1x red dot so i think this is my best option. I have read all the FAQ's and pages on this so i know its a nice piece.

Basically what im stuck at is, why should i buy one instead of saving the $ for another rifle. At the same time i would love to pick up an M70, another AMD-65 or a Polish 1960's Milled AK.

Were optics really a game changer for the AK when you bought your first?

I am all about rounding out my AK collection but i have NO optics besides what came with the PSL. This is what i have as far as AK's go:

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:35:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I posted some good info on the Kashtan in the "Which ACOG for 5.45" thread. I like using irons, good optics on any rifle is a force multiplier. Your hit probability will greatly increase and I look at the Kashtan as an investment. Your cash, your choice dude.

Here's a picture to motivate you. Keepin' in real with the SGL31-94 yo!
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 12:40:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

For me yes.

When I hit steel at 600m with PO 3.5x21P and SLR105 it was pretty amazing back then. I'm decent to about 400m with 5.45 irons but Kashtan and other optics make a nice difference at longer ranges.

+1 on going for one, they hold value well.

I'm sure something in your collection would like to have a Kashtan

Z
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 1:37:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

For me yes.

When I hit steel at 600m with PO 3.5x21P and SLR105 it was pretty amazing back then. I'm decent to about 400m with 5.45 irons but Kashtan and other optics make a nice difference at longer ranges.

+1 on going for one, they hold value well.

I'm sure something in your collection would like to have a Kashtan

http://zenphotos.net/zenphotos/file/Online/SVD/Optics/1P78-Kashtan_AKSU.JPG

Z

Yeah ive been thinking about it more and more and i really want one. Looks like Kalinka Optics is out of them but i still see them up on the boards from time to time. If i go this route i plan on having one by the end of December. The only one it will go on is the AK-74 since my Krink does not have a side rail mount.

Kinda wish it was black though lol
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top