Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2011 2:05:39 PM EDT
If this has been previously posted, my apologies.

Tekko Handguards

seems like another good competitor for the AK hand guards market, I especially like the lower rail cover, however I don't know about it being completely polymer, especially if the rails are like that

your thoughts?

edit: note the available colors when it comes out: Black, Grey, FDE, Foliage Green
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:28:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks interesting actually, I wonder if you can use just the lower. I'm not a fan of anyone's top rail but I do appreciate a good railed lower HG.

I didn't notice if they said it had a heat shield or not, but the LHV47 is all polymer without a heatshield and has stood up well to the relative abuse I put it through, so maybe the lack isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Seems kind of heavy at 10 ounces but maybe thats for both upper and lower.

Z
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:30:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I think it is pretty much like the LHV47  but it is made in the USA. That would be helpful for compliance.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:46:02 PM EDT
[#3]
You'd think TDI would be somewhat flattered by how many companies have copied the LHV-47 to one degree or another.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:00:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Lower Hand Guard

its 5.4 ounces
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:34:05 PM EDT
[#5]
That's lighter than the LHV which is 5.9 ounces on my scale.

Interesting, wish they had some real pics and not a graphical sketch.

Z
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 1:10:42 PM EDT
[#6]
$70 for some plastic? That's a wee bit steep
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top