Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2008 4:19:08 PM EDT
So what does everyone think of these? I've thought of getting one to replace a SPOT red dot I've got on one of my AR's. I wanted to post this here because I figured this section would be more open to the idea and have more experience then the AR guys. I've been looking at Kalinka and Tantal's at both the PK-01 and PK-A. How do they compare to an Aimpoint? Are they better quality then the SPOT?
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:13:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I hope someone can answer your questions about those two scopes, I have'nt messed with them.
I have a Kobra and it's a nice red dot for the price, I've put it on one of my AKs, my AR, & CETME and it work fine on all three.
These scopes a military grade so unless your going to use it in combat I think they should hold up very well for the average shooter.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 5:54:31 AM EDT
[#2]
No, no combat use. I just can't justify spending $400+ on a red dot simply to have for the range and "if" I've ever got to use it. I think both of these red dots are under $200, or not much more. Just would like to know the quality of them. I take it these are not military issue Russian red dots? It may say that on the site I don't know.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 10:11:37 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a PK02 and it rocks. They cost less than half of what a US Mil issue red dot does, yet are also used in real world scenarios.
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 7:55:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Anyone else?
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 9:41:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 10:41:01 AM EDT
[#6]
So in other words, the Russian stuff is more in the middle....
Link Posted: 4/20/2008 4:56:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top