Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2005 2:00:14 PM EDT
Hello all, I just had a question about the Romanian drums that are around; if these are kept loaded, will the spring weaken? I've read that you can keep box mags loaded and the springs wont weaken, is the same true about the drum mags?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:48:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Good question.

BTT
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:41:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I can not find a link to save my ass but I remember reading that standard Soviet doctrine on drums was to only leave loaded for one week max on the RPK drums. There is a coil/spring that will set if left loaded for extended periods and will affect reliability.

Hootbro
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:54:37 PM EDT
[#3]
preciseley why you should have a chinese drum...
always loaded, always ready...
romies are good for range use though
i have both, i preffer the chinese over the romanian due to ease of loading. i hate haveing a sore thumb
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:54:09 PM EDT
[#4]
i hate to bust the bubble  but chicom drums springs will weeken afterawile and there is no way to fix them  but on yuro drums you can tighten the spring up and keep on going  dont get me wrong i like the chicom they are well built but wont last as long
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:06:08 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
i hate to bust the bubble  but chicom drums springs will weeken afterawile and there is no way to fix them  but on yuro drums you can tighten the spring up and keep on going  dont get me wrong i like the chicom they are well built but wont last as long

Wrong.  With the Chinese you only put tension on the spring only at the time you are going to empty it.  The Romanian spring is under tension any time it is loaded.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:54:47 AM EDT
[#6]

Wrong.  With the Chinese you only put tension on the spring only at the time you are going to empty it.  The Romanian spring is under tension any time it is loaded.

I will second that...

Sign_Wolfman
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:49:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Just put 50rnds in the Drum
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:57:24 PM EDT
[#8]
that is sometimes the case but if the spring on the chi com weakens you can not fix it there are no replacements to fix them or no way to tighten them but you can tighten the uro drums the reason i'm saying this is that i had a chi com that eould not feed any more so i traded with a good freind of mine he had two rommie's that would not feed and i just took the back off and re sprung the springand they work flawlesly  i like th chi com they are easy to load
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:39:36 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
that is sometimes the case but if the spring on the chi com weakens you can not fix it there are no replacements to fix them or no way to tighten them but you can tighten the uro drums the reason i'm saying this is that i had a chi com that eould not feed any more so i traded with a good freind of mine he had two rommie's that would not feed and i just took the back off and re sprung the springand they work flawlesly  i like th chi com they are easy to load

Holy fucking lack of punctuation Batman!!!  
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Top Top