Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2003 2:38:09 PM EDT
I'm looking to buy a 75 or 100 rnd drum in the near future for my AK47. I have noticed there are several different manufacturers of the magazines. I was simply wondering which quality drum would any of you AK guru's recomend. Much obliged for the assistance

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 6:03:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Hell,

I like the Chinese drums most. You can keep them fully loaded forever with no spring tension.

2nd would be the Romanium drums. They are biult stronger that the Chinese and are top loaded. Thing is, if you keep these loaded all the time the spring has a lot of tention on it.

HTH!
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 7:53:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Get the Chinese drum because they are easier to load.
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 5:46:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I was searching for the same thing recently.  The Chinese Norinco drums (75) load by opening them up rather than one at a time for the Romanian or Russian Drums.  I ended up buying two 75 round Norincos and love them.  They do rattle a little more than Romanian/Russians, but they are much easier to load and you can turn the tension spring later and don't have to keep the tension on the springs.  They are $85 to $120 new.
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 2:42:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Chinese, definately.

Although, I have to wonder if all the AK drums torque the rifle to the side after firing when the round feeds? I guess they all do??  I never gave it any thought when I purchased mine but it is definately noticable.

Sly
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 10:25:50 PM EDT
[#5]
i have a 75 round chinese that doesnt feed right with my chinese mac90. i havn't really spent much time figuring it out. anyone with any insight on this?
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 3:06:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I heard that HP rounds don't  feed as well as the FMJ.  Could that be your problem?
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 11:25:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd prefer a Chinese drum versus a Romanian.  Please provide some sources where can I find a Chinese 75rd drum.
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 8:03:45 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I heard that HP rounds don't  feed as well as the FMJ.  Could that be your problem?

I havent had any problems with my Chinese Drums and HP's or SP's
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 8:22:20 PM EDT
[#9]
http://www.whatacountry.com/

Has 75 round Chinese...make sure they ship to your correct address...I have a drum zinging around the country now waiting to find a clue.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top