Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2020 1:32:14 PM EDT
What's the general opinion on these Croatian 47 mags that AIM currently has?
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 3:13:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a stack of them, they are a little thinner gauge metal, they fit very tight in some guns, had to file on the locking lugs etc, some  people hate them, mine all worked fine, the bolt hold open is odd since the bolt falls forward when you take the mag out, good stack-em mags
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 10:53:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I have some Croat 30s and 10s from Aim.

Thinner steel bodies than surplus but feels heavier than KCIs. My KCIs use the same gauge steel as the body doubled layered for the feed lips while the Croats use a single piece of thicker steel. Again, not as thick as surplus though.

I swapped the BHO followers with non-BHO as soon as I got em.

They work fine, no issues. But I’ve also read more than once that the new Bulgarian production mags are better made. But I think the Croats have metal followers while the Bulgys are polymer followers. Half of the Croats needed light filing and the other half did not so there were some variances in fit.

I actually ordered 10s and got 30s by mistake. AIM offered to either take em back or I could keep them for a ‘deep discount’ so I kept them and they shipped 10s.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 12:11:50 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought a few of them years ago. They work just fine. I have not modified any of the locking lugs, but they are a tight fit in every AK I’ve tried them in (Sam7, Maadi ARM, SAR-1, WASR, O-Pap).
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 12:23:38 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought 5... and all 5 failed to fit in a WASR 10/63 or Arsenal.. so I sent them all back.

At least I think it was the Croatian mags.. could’ve been another crappy mag
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 12:31:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Bought 4. None of them worked in my SAM7K or SLR107. Only one worked in my WASR and Draco. Two others only worked in my WASR. And the last mag failed to work in anything.

ETA: would not recommend on my behalf.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 3:50:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought 12 magazines and none of them fit my WASR-10. I had to get my Dremel sanding disc and grind them above the locking tab. All fit fine now and I touched up the bare metal with Krylon spray paint. I have tested all of 10 my Croatian 30 round magazines by loading up 30 rounds per magazine and have tested all 10 of them. I also bought two 10 round magazines which I have tested multiple times. I have some Romanian surplus and some new Bulgarian ones they just fit without any modification.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 12:04:36 PM EDT
[#7]
if I was going to get commerical grade steel mags I would get the Bulgy's for $13.99, or the SHK Korean's for $5.99... the croats are garbage
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 9:34:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had a stack of them, they are a little thinner gauge metal, they fit very tight in some guns, had to file on the locking lugs etc, some  people hate them, mine all worked fine, the bolt hold open is odd since the bolt falls forward when you take the mag out, good stack-em mags
View Quote
The bolt will close in any AK when the BHO magazine is removed, since AKs don't have a bolt lock. It will safely hold the bolt open as long as the empty mag is in place and can be used for that purpose when working on the gun at the range, cleaning it or to show the open bolt at the range or other places, so its worthwhile to have a few of them. I just bought some polymer Bosnian BHO mags from CDNN with steel lugs front and rear. I bet these sell out pretty quick at $9.99.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 4:40:16 PM EDT
[#9]
The polymer Bosnian mags came in today and look great. Tight fit and I had to file/sand the rear feed lip corners a little to get them in without too much forcing. I still have to knock them out and I probably will do a little more filing. Tried one with a full 30 rounds and it fed them all fine just hand-cycling.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top