Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2018 8:57:30 PM EDT
Hello all,

Recently I caught the Plum Polymer fever and I stumbled across this post whilst doing research on plum polymer and the various plum magazines. I know for a fact I have no hopes of ever seeing one in my possession within the near future, so I decided to use some of my (limited) CAD knowledge and a digital caliper to create a semi-true replica of the 5.45 version of the rare ribbed plum magazines. It's designed to work with a basic follower,spring, and base-plate. As it's just a prototype I really didn't design it to have any metal reinforcements but I wouldn't be opposed to adding them in the future if I would actually produce it. Also, I'm also looking for a company or individual to help me produce a single prototype mag to see if my design and specs all line up and check if the dang thing works and feeds right. 3D printing would be my method of choice for the prototype, preferably SLS or MJF. Please tell me what you think of it and if you have any tweaks!
Right:
Rear Angle:
Front:
Front Angle:
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 12:55:24 AM EDT
[#1]
PM me. I work in 3D printing.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top