Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2005 6:07:55 PM EDT
Has any one shot this ammo? Can anyone give me some info on it. Is it reloadable? Locally there is nothing else. It seems kinda high at $10 per 40.
xxxx
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 4:45:55 AM EDT
[#1]
It's supposed to be really good ammo. I've never shot any because shipping cost was insane.

Some people refuse to buy it because they don't want to support the regime from the country it came from in Africa (human rights issues?) To that I say, "what the hell" - the ammo has ALREADY BEEN PURCHASED by the importer - so, the bad regime already made its cut. When you order it, you're paying the distributor the US dealer and the clerk who processed the order.

It's better off being shipped to law abiding gun owners in the USA who will do nothing except park the bullets in dirt piles at ranges across the land than it is in its homeland being used to kill
innocent people or sold to other unfriendly forces who would do harm to their populace or, OUR
troops.

So, if you find and like it, buy it and be proud to be an American
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 5:55:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 12:26:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Ammo is not reloadable. It's berden primed. I had one round jam up my AK pretty good. Primer popped but rnd didn't fire. The primer expanded the case head and locked the unfired round in the chamber. THe case had no flash holes from the primer pocket to the powder charge.
YMMV
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 4:31:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Ammo is not reloadable. It's berden primed. I had one round jam up my AK pretty good. Primer popped but rnd didn't fire. The primer expanded the case head and locked the unfired round in the chamber. THe case had no flash holes from the primer pocket to the powder charge.
YMMV

Same here, I don't like this ammo, just buy wolf... (which I've never fired, but the price is enough to get me to try it when it comes back in stock!)
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 4:50:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Ammo is not reloadable. It's berden primed.

Man at the price my local shop was/is charging I thought for sure it would be reloadable. $10/ 40 rd. box. I was going to try it if it was reloadable. Oh well I'll see what I can find at the gun show this weekend.
xxxx
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 7:24:07 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a bunch of ammo I am trying to sell including some Cheetah. I am in Portland. I will send you an IM.

Link Posted: 12/8/2005 8:24:33 AM EDT
[#7]
My impression is Cheetah is hot ammo.  Recoil is stiff in my new Vepr.  Rifles with looser headspace could have troubles with this hotter ammo.  My Veprk handles it ok and shoots about 2" groups with it at 100 yards.  Best accuracy for my Vepr so far.  I got mine a few years ago for 13 cents/rd when it was plentiful.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 9:37:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I've shot some Cheetah and it's pretty good stuff.

But Mugabe is a fucking turd, and I refuse to support his government by buying any more.

It's one thing to buy Warsaw Pact stuff...the regimes that it was made for are dead and gone. That's not the case with Cheetah ammo.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:26:46 AM EDT
[#9]
The only company I knew of selling it, Vector, is out. I don't think anymore is coming in.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:18:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah, what Vector has was purchased YEARS ago, and is not buying anymore. So order all you want, you'll just be supporting an American company... just like buying a NIB Norinco SKS doesn't support China.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:21:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Five minutes at Walmart and you are supporting China
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top