Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2005 9:24:18 AM EDT

it says its a steel casing with brass plating, is that the same as just a regular ol' wolf steel case.

Tell me only the bad stuff about this ammo.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:40:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd buy it, tried Silver Bear, but not Golden Bear.   Wow, it's $110/K though.  I miss the $80/K Wolf ammo in 7.62x39
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:45:46 AM EDT
[#2]
wtf I replied to this thread and my reply is gone.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:12:54 AM EDT
[#3]
ll that I am worrying about is my Krinkov.

I know brass cased ammo is the way to go, but I havent found anything at a good price.
I dont wanna go with steel cased ammo if it is eventually going to wear out my barrel that will be very very hard to replace.

I found brass cased ammo from Portuguese for $180 w/shipping and dont know anything about it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:24:24 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
ll that I am worrying about is my Krinkov.

I know brass cased ammo is the way to go, but I havent found anything at a good price.
I dont wanna go with steel cased ammo if it is eventually going to wear out my barrel that will be very very hard to replace.

I found brass cased ammo from Portuguese for $180 w/shipping and dont know anything about it.

Try Aimsurplus  I just got a flyer from them and was tempted to get some Yugo brass cased 7.62x39, in the flyer, but not shown on the page, was if you bought 2 or more cases, they'd knock off $10 a case, they had in the flyer, Yugo 7.62x39 not on stripper clips for $128? I think, with $10 off, that's $118.  Call and ask!
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:34:37 AM EDT
[#5]
yugo ammo is corrosive
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:10:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Krinkov or not, steel cased ammo won't hurt.

GB is just about the same as silver or brown bear, its just a different cartridge coating.  It's a marketing schtick is all.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:49:12 AM EDT
[#7]
The Bear ammo is made by Barnual and it is all the same ammo except for the coating on the case and the printing on the boxes.
Barnual,Monarch,and Brown Bear have lacquer on the cases.
Silver Bear cases are plated with zinc.
Golden Bear cases are plated with brass.
If one type of finish is better than the other I can't say but they all serve the same perpose that is to keep the steel case from rusting.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top