Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2005 3:29:32 PM EDT
I found this ammo and oiler in an old box. I've had it for probably 10 years. Ammo was wrapped in white cardboard with duct around it. Casings appear copper in color.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:55:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:25:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Anyone know anything about the oiler? Chinese also?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:34:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:31:54 AM EDT
[#4]
It is Chinese ammo and a Chinese oil bottle.mywebpages.comcast.net/jfreeman246/ak_rifle_ammo.htm
Check the color of the case mouth sealer to tell what type bullet it is loaded with.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:42:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Chinese ammo, good stuff but Corrosive as hell, Make sure you clean everything (Bore/Bolt/Gas tube/Piston)  with hot soapy water after you shoot it.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:58:43 AM EDT
[#6]
I remember when this stuff was $66 per case of 1200 on stipper clips...damn those were the good old days.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 3:42:26 AM EDT
[#7]
That stuff smelled like an ammonia commercial and was accurate as hell out of the Russian Simonovs.Gooood-S___T!!!!. I must be naive but I did not know the stuff was corrosive -I used to clean the heck out of the rifles each time I went to the range so I guess it did not matter nmuch anyhow. The steel core Norinco was cheaper than the lead core and also gave good accuracy.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top