Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2005 5:16:29 PM EDT
What exactly is a bi-metal projectile and case made of? I'm shooting Brown Bear 9x18 Mak in my Makarov and noticed the box says Bi-metal case and bullet. The bullet look like it is made of copper but the wording on the box makes me think it is not copper but some other metal. Is this stuff bad for the bore/rifeling? Thank you!!!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:05:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:50:21 PM EDT
[#2]
So the bullet has a steel core and a thin copper jacket?

I was shooting a steel target and I was shocked to see the 9x18 Makarov leave much deeper dents in the target them my .357 magnum!!! I guess it was the steel core!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:48:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:15:15 AM EDT
[#4]
So copper is the only thing that touch the bore and rifeling? Thank you once again!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:24:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top