Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/9/2018 3:55:17 PM EDT
Buddy has an unopened case of Norinco 7.62X39.

What's the real world value? He's looking to sell.

Thanks.

BGF
Link Posted: 4/9/2018 4:20:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Lead Core Non-Corrosive?  If so I'd say around 20 Cents a Round or $200 per thousand.

If its the surplus steel core rounds those go for between 50 Cents to $1.00 per round because they are slightly better against armored targets than the lead core.

50 cents per would be for the whole case and $1.00 is more a by the box price.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 1:27:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 3:23:36 AM EDT
[#3]
30 cents a round
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 2:03:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
30 cents a round
View Quote
I got some cases to sell at 30 cents a round. Chi com ammo is nothing special, I wouldn't pay  any more than what tula or wolf is going for.
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 3:18:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I got some cases to sell at 30 cents a round. Chi com ammo is nothing special, I wouldn't pay  any more than what tula or wolf is going for.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
30 cents a round
Amen! The "steel core" is nothing more than soft steel. Compareable to softness of a wood nail. No where near the hardness of AP steel. I laugh and call bullshit at gunshows when FFL dealers try to sell as armor piercing. Ss109 steel is actually harder steel than the Chinese 7.62x39 and ss109 flys faster, speed is what kills body armor. The ammo is corrosive too. Funny thing is I tell the FFL dealers at the show, that they cannot sell that ammo to the public due to a order from the ATF. They told  dealers to pull inventory and not to sell to the public in a news letter. They get all pissed off and tell me i don't know what I'm talking about. I pull up their website and show them.

I'm my opinion the best 7.62x39 ammo on the market right now is Golden tiger made by Vimpyl. The bullet has a empty air pocket at the tip of the bullet but yet still fmj, this design causes the bullet to tumble or yaw on flesh like 7n6 5.45. The rear of the bullet is boat tailed, causes the bullet to stabilize, increasing accuracy. Most the bullet is lacquer coated and the neck and primer pocket is sealed in lacquer as well and most of all this ammo is hot, fps is pretty high compared to Tula or wolf.
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 4:39:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Unless youre a collector theres nothing special at all about any m43 steel core projectile. It has a boat tail so its a little more stable when punching thru stuff and expands a bit less. Thats it. Up here in syrupland thats all I shoot because its cheap and cheerful, and because I dont care about it being corrosive since I know how to deal with it.
If you can get big(er) bucks for it, get rid of it and buy whatever commercial ammo you like.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top