Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2006 6:25:05 AM EDT
I've kinda gave up on building my own.  I've got the parts kit demilled and was set up to do a screw kit but my first attempt on my reciever is a hair too narrow.  Then I found that my local gunshop has complete recievers for $90 without truinon holes.

I've got several templates for the recievers.  How do I get the correct hole placement for the truinons?  The kit is a romy.  

Is the reciever for a pistol kit the same?  

Is it legal to build your own pistol?

thanks
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:19:45 AM EDT
[#1]
the holes are diff on almost every ak even 2 aks from the same country

thats why people drill there own holes

a tacked thread at the top will show you couple ways to find where the holes go

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:20:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks candyman

I have a screw kit that I don't know where I got it from .  It has 2- 10-32 screws and I couldn't remember where they're suppose to go.  I believe the rest are 8-32s.  I know I've seen it on a site somewhere but could someone refresh my memory?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:36:02 PM EDT
[#3]
The 10-32'nds are for the trunions, the 8-32'nds are for the trigger guard.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 1:58:58 PM EDT
[#4]
the receivers should physically be the same except for pistol markings on pistol rec. as far as i know if you havent been convicted of a felony or violent crime you can legally build a gun, but only if it meets other law requirements like 922r and g.c.a.  ect.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top