Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2006 5:32:16 AM EDT
AIM kit, screw build Ewbanks receiver finished in AlumaHyde, Romy folding stock from a group buy ($50) that was a 100% drop in fit with the original Romy rear trunnion and was of course welded in the open position to meet NY law, Scout Mount (works great, best mount I've found so far), $20 red dot that didn't break after 100 rds, Russian dog tag inlaid into fore grip where a factory repair to the wood fell out.  Looks hokey in the picture but looks much worse close up.   Not a perfect build but runs like an AK should.  Had to grind a smidge off the rear of the hammer where it would bind with the bottom of the bolt carrier.  I think this is not uncommon with the TAPCO hammer from what others have posted.

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:19:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice looking build arcom, glad it runs good.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:02:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks great
(was of course welded in the open position to meet NY law)
that stinks. heard
Glad I don't have any laws like that. h.gif
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:26:44 PM EDT
[#3]
That came out real nice. How much for the Scope Mount and where did you get the wood PG

Del
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:34:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Scope mount was about $60...a bit much but the best one I've used.  The pistol grip came from one of the walnut milled receiver stock sets AIM sold a while back.  NY assault weapon ban does not allow folding stocks on any post '94 rifles---same as the now defunct federal law.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top