Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2006 5:06:13 PM EDT
i read that Romy G kits are the least worn and were mostly carried.  Does that make them more desireable (relatively)?

Are they still available anywhere?

How long until the cheap kits are a thing of the past?  Anyone know how the supplies are going?

Caspian
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:52:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Romy G kits were used by the equivalent of our national guard.  The bores that I have seen are excellent.  Many people report that theirs was not even fired.  The majority of what I've seen have decent finish, some scratches should be expected.  The wood is usually a little rough, but looks excellent if refinished.

I sand blasted, parked, and gun koted 2 kits and then refinished the furniture.  They look great, better than any AK you can buy around here.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:26:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Below is one of the DPH $89 Romy kits.

As you can see I just finished prepping it and hopefully will finish it this week.

The thing doesnt look like its ever been fired, and for $89 you cant beat the price.

This will be my 2nd Romy build and so far Im impresed by these kits.

Here is a pic of my $200 Romy AK built from parts I got a DPH arms.

It was my first build, the next one will look better

FREE
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:02:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I believe it is the best value for the dollar.    When the supply dries up , and it will ,  I think the cost will double quickly.   The rifle  pictured above says alot .
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 1:58:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's one of my Romanian G kits...

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:56:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Well exicuted Tapeo 1 .
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:00:09 PM EDT
[#6]
my brother got one in last friday from DPHarms that was perfect, looked as if it was fired maybe onetime, matching numbered, the wood was even stamped with the number, cost $109 bucks shipped with rivet kit.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:52:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Yep, the older kits from the 1970's had the serial numbers stamped in the stocks too.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:55:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Here's a little info on the "G" rifles that I've posted in the past...

The orange "G" stands for "Garda" which is Romanian for guard. This past October, I went to the Romanian National Military Museum in Bucharest.  The rifles were for the Patriotic Guard and not the regular army.  The display for the black banded Patriotic Guard rifles said that they were semi-auto only.  All the full auto parts were in the rifle except that the full auto disconnector had the tail ground off which made it fire semi auto only.  The Patriotic Guard was mandatory service for all highschool aged kids... girls and boys.  Think of it as a combination of the Young Pioneers and the National Guard.  Here is a picture of the black banded Patriotic Guard rifle I took at the museum...

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 12:23:56 AM EDT
[#9]
who has the best Romanian kits now?  I see dpharms and a few others jump their prices.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:00:42 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
who has the best Romanian kits now?  I see dpharms and a few others jump their prices.

I received my DPH Romy kit yesterday... I must say it was flawless! Despite the price jump, I purchased 3 more yesterday from DPH.

Boy I started this new hobby at the wrong time huh?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:02:40 AM EDT
[#11]
turbosc20:
Nope, you didn't start at the wrong time: Anytime is the right time!

It's going to get much in the future when the kits have to be built with US made barrels.

Terry in NC
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top