Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2005 8:32:23 AM EDT
Ok what do you guys think? Can you find it? Should I keep it?

Big Pic
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 8:36:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Thats pretty slick.  Keep it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 8:41:36 AM EDT
[#2]
how is it secured?
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 9:58:19 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
how is it secured?

It's a press fit, the diameter is such that it is tight.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 10:02:14 AM EDT
[#4]
i think its a neat idea, but i'm not much for the casing. perhaps if you used something else it would look better. i really like the look of it, but it looks a little sloppy right now.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 10:15:19 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
i think its a neat idea, but i'm not much for the casing. perhaps if you used something else it would look better. i really like the look of it, but it looks a little sloppy right now.

I like honesty. I actually was wanting a brass case, I think that may be more of the "insurgent" look I am attempting.  Hopefully others have seen images where they have put brass on the charging handle.
I don't have any brass except 223 and I don't think it would fit.
I am about to head out and go shooting, (not this rifle, but one of the ones I haven't shot yet) and I will pick up some brass from there and see how that looks.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 5:58:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Pretty cool...

Brass probably would look better..

One like the GG&G on a Benelli would be neat..
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:01:08 PM EDT
[#7]
It looks good. It would look perfect with the Romy front pistol grip
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:49:12 PM EDT
[#8]
i say grind off the orig smooth drill and tap it then
instal a new handle of your own design
just not 1 that look like its from the redneck school of ak smiths
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:56:24 PM EDT
[#9]
spent brass on a charging handle?!?!?

Thou art a blasphemer! Condembed to the blackest pits of hades, sinner!

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:21:19 AM EDT
[#10]
I was afraid that when I opened this thread there was going to be all kinds of AR15 shit hanging off your AK.  Thank goodness it was just a spent case on your charging handle.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 2:10:57 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I was afraid that when I opened this thread there was going to be all kinds of AR15 shit hanging off your AK.  Thank goodness it was just a spent case on your charging handle.

That would NOT happen
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 2:26:21 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That would NOT happen

You are a good man Kevin.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:05:56 PM EDT
[#13]
knurled would be sweet..
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:23:44 PM EDT
[#14]
I would like to try this:  http://shop.store.yahoo.com/campingsurvival/re11coboha.html
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:42:14 PM EDT
[#15]
the AK gods will forgive you, if'n you fill the air space with jb weld before the case is put on there.

me thinks it will be good for the ladys to get a grip on that charging handle.

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:49:35 PM EDT
[#16]
i like it
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:51:40 PM EDT
[#17]
I studied in the seminary for AK priests (shuddup, we're not celibate).

This happened after I pissed off the Spyderco gods by cutting the thumbhole on a Police model to make it like an Emerson Wave...then when I pissed off the HK gods by cuttung a 91 receiver down and fitting it to a 223 platform using AR mags...then the Glock gods when I- well nevermind.

I have learned my lesson paid my dues, and my mission is to help others stay in the good graces of the gun gods...

I have checked the ancient texts and scrolls and you should be ok with that mod. It's ghetto enough and does not contamimate the AK design with parts from inferior weapon designs.

As for that dude on the other thread wanting to retro his AK to take AR mags, god help his soul.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 1:08:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Acutally the mod is quite common in western African countries, done by kidsoldiers. I got a picture somewhere (need to look it up and scan) of a kid carrying a AKM with a spent casing to lenghten the charging handle. You also see .50 cal links attached to the barrel for sling attachments.

So, very Sierra Leone of you Kevin
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:17:07 PM EDT
[#19]
very nice i want to try something like that on a Romy make like look like a battle field pick up. Well make it look good then a couple years of treating it like an AK and it will be at the look I want
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top