Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2005 5:07:08 AM EDT
How hard should i have to push to get the lower handguard retaining lever back into locked position?  Hand tight?  Hammer tight?  It seems like i need to pound on it with a hammer.  I'm afraid i'm going to break it off.  That happend to this same rifle removing the handuard before.  There any tricks or advice someone could give me?

I'm trying to put the factory furniture back on an sa85.  Thanks,

Stone
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 5:39:00 AM EDT
[#1]
If it gets paint in it, they can be a bear.  Try using some solvent (acetone) on it if it has the original finish.  Just working it back and forth with some solvent in the cracks is about the only way I have been able to get them free again.  Be sure to lube immediately after getting it free to keep the paint from sticking.

If it has one of the super paints on it, good luck!  Try using a generaously added good lube in place of the solvent and pray.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:26:52 AM EDT
[#2]
All I can say is do not force the retainer.  You will hate yourself when you are coming back here asking where you can get a new piece and how to install it.  It shouldn't be very difficult to move.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top