Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2005 1:56:33 AM EDT
Hey guys!

I have been trying to get in touch with DPH ARMS through email about getting a receiver from them, but so far no answer. I guess I'm gonna have to give them a call tomorrow. I have also tried getting in touch with Global Trades about their receiver...and again, no luck.

DAMMIT!

LOL! Why now? Why, when I am at my weakest and totally submitting to the fact that EVERYONE was right, I should build my Krink on a finished receiver am I not able to get in contact with either of these two fella's?!?!?!

LMAO! At least I can still laugh about it.

OK I have some other questions!!!!

I noticed that Global offered several different choices on how you want to get your receiver  (Type #1 - Type #6 Well that's cool I thought.

If you had the choice, would you order your new receiver with a set of brand new Trunions? Is it possible for me to order something like that for the Krinkov? I was thinking the back wouldn't be too bad, but the front is an entirely different matter. Am I getting paranoid?

At least the trunions could be riveted already before coming to me, and perhaps I could even get some of the rivets Parkarized. What do you think?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:26:52 AM EDT
[#1]
DPH is very busy but he will get into contact with you. He's the best guy to buy parts kits from. At least i think so.
Just try to call global trades again. you probably want a 1.0mm rec in 7.62x39 the front trunions is pretty easy to get in. I used CWtoyota's bolt cutter jig and you need a plinker jig to smash them even more (there may be other jigs that will work?). You need to get the type of mag you are going to use and do any fitting with that before you start drilling away.
hope that answers your ?
Exile
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:16:43 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Hey guys!

I am at my weakest and totally submitting to the fact that EVERYONE was right, I should build my Krink on a finished receiver

I noticed that Global offered several different choices on how you want to get your receiver  (Type #1 - Type #6 Well that's cool I thought.

If you had the choice, would you order your new receiver with a set of brand new Trunions? Is it possible for me to order something like that for the Krinkov? I was thinking the back wouldn't be too bad, but the front is an entirely different matter. Am I getting paranoid?

At least the trunions could be riveted already before coming to me, and perhaps I could even get some of the rivets Parkarized. What do you think?

You would have the best luck by using the trunnion that came with the barrel. That way, the barrel pin will line up and you will have (in theory) good headspacing.

Also, the numbers (on the trunnion) will match the rest of the parts that came with the gun kit.

You need to install the trigger guard in first. Then you fit the trunnion by installing a magazine. The mag should bit tight and easy to remove. That will be the indeal postion for the trunnion. Now locat the holes. Drill and debur. Install trunnion with rivets. Install rear tang, stock mount (whatever you have). You're now 90% done with the build.

Relax, have a beer.

Install barrel. Install barrel pin. Check headspace.

You're done.

Pat yourself on the back.

Have another beer.

Paint the gun black .
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:54:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Global Trades are very behind also. I have had recs on order for almost 3 wks and they tell me it will be the 1st or 2nd week in Sept before they will ship to me.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top