Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2005 4:58:16 AM EDT
romanian kits with yogo folders for $149.95 i think, what do you think???
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:17:52 AM EDT
[#1]
i think i'm too broke to buy another kit lol.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:17:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I got the e-mail that said they had the polish underfolders for $185, it was like a two day special or something along that line, looked on the site and didn't see the offer listed.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:39:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, Lois is always getting good deals for us on C&R items as well.  She Rocks!

Here is the link->  Weekend Specials

$77 for Romy kits ....always good to have some spare parts around.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:46:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes but for 99 you also get the rear trunnion, stock and trigger guard. They would cost more than $22 if you had to complete the kit. On the other hand, 77 for a good barrel and more is not too bad either.

imho, get the full kit.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 1:25:14 PM EDT
[#5]
How does that underfolder deal rate?

I want an underfolder, but don't want to go through the pain of building a Yugo and having the crapshoot of getting a dark bore.  I would rather go with a Romy... but is it true that you need to shim the Yugo underfolder to match the standard receiver?
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 2:14:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
How does that underfolder deal rate?

I want an underfolder, but don't want to go through the pain of building a Yugo and having the crapshoot of getting a dark bore.  I would rather go with a Romy... but is it true that you need to shim the Yugo underfolder to match the standard receiver?

Yup, the Yugos use the 1.6 mm thick receiver and the Rommys use the standard 1mm, or you could mill down the Rommy trunnion to fit the 1.6mm shell
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 2:29:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Given that they want $109 for the Yugo parts themselves, the whole kit is a good deal. Just keep in mind that the pistol gripped lower won't work with a folder.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:20:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Two things you need to keep in mind about the Yugo underfolder stock assembly are the fact that the pistol grip attaches via a nut on the outside of the receiver, not the inside like most other AK's, and that the rear trunnion will have a hole in it for the top cover locking mechanism, for which you would probably have to make adjustments to the receiver.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:17:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Shouldnt this reciever work? Its a Vulcan stamped reciever cut for a underfolder.
The grip shouldnt be an issue,just  use a regular AK grip nut.
I would think you would ony have to drill a bigger hole for the top cover lock ,then another hole for the trunion screw/rivit.

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:30:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Deleted

Tom
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:18:05 AM EDT
[#11]
K-Var has brand new bulgarian underfolders with all the hardware for 70 bucks will fit the 1.0mm reciever.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:31:00 PM EDT
[#12]

Yup, the Yugos use the 1.6 mm thick receiver and the Rommys use the standard 1mm, or you could mill down the Rommy trunnion to fit the 1.6mm shell

Does this go for ALL Yugo AK's B? Krinks included? The reason I'm asking is because I just ordered a Krinkov kit from ORF (Yugo) and was toying with the idea of getting a premade receiver for it. So technically, I could get a 1.6mm reciever and it would be in the ball-park for builing up the Krink kit on it?

I may have to buy another "kit" to find out for sure! LOL!
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:04:58 PM EDT
[#13]
hi, heres the barrel they was in the rommy kit with the yugo folder, from centerfire,anyone know what the big red G means???? it cut into the metal, painted red, it was new,fine bore.

http://www.fairysnmypond.com/New_Folder/Picture%20058.jpg
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:36:21 PM EDT
[#14]
That was Gregoryev's issue rifle.

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:12:14 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Does this go for ALL Yugo AK's B? Krinks included? The reason I'm asking is because I just ordered a Krinkov kit from ORF (Yugo) and was toying with the idea of getting a premade receiver for it. So technically, I could get a 1.6mm reciever and it would be in the ball-park for builing up the Krink kit on it?

I may have to buy another "kit" to find out for sure! LOL!

the yugo (rpk style) takes an rpk rec wich is smaller everywhere but at the bulge
its not they are thicker they are just a diff size

the krink takes a standard rec
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:38:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Got this from another thread.........

It turns out that the black band on the buttstock designates the rifle as a TRAINER they have no ability to actually fire a round as the fireing pin is shortened, the fireing pin is replaced with a functioning pin when the rifles are taken out of service, the orange "G" is to designate "DISPOSAL" as in the rifle is cleared to be sold the "G" is engraved and then painted on the sight base it also serves to warn that the fireing pin has been repaired
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:57:52 PM EDT
[#17]
That dosn't make any sense. Why is the "G" on my 1979 kit along with the finish in general so much nicer than the one on all my later year kits? If they were all done at about the same time they should all look the same.

The other idea floating around the net about the Romanians makeing semi-only AK-47s instead of SKSs for secondary troops because the AK is cheaper to build is much more plausable.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:06:35 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
i think i'm too broke to buy another kit lol.

+1
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:07:46 PM EDT
[#19]
The "G" on the RSB signifies that the rifle was intended for use by the Corp de Garda Patriotica or the "Patriot Guard" as we would call it. It is sort of like the Romanian National Guard that all males are compelled to enter. About all these rifles were ever used for were parades and demonstrations. They are designated the model GP1975 and while there are other guns out there exactly like these only the GP1975 that were earmarked for the GP will have the "G" I'm pretty sure, almost certain that you won't find any before 1975 with the "G" because from different people I have communicated with tell me that the GP adopted these for use in 75. That's the best intel I have, but I believe it to be correct.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:08:11 AM EDT
[#20]
I have also seen them called GP75 for some reason; some sort of abbreviation that makes sense in their language.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:40:54 PM EDT
[#21]
i think your right on with the red G, gun was like new, had paper tube in barrel, dont look like it  was ever   fired, no black around the stock,thanks.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top