Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2005 5:34:15 AM EDT
i'm trying to figure out something that would look unique and not tacky for my amd. not sure if a plain and regular extended 65 break is what i want or not, its an option at 40(bleh, stupid price increases).

what are some options? are there any breaks that i could that are long enough to make it compliant? i read somewhere that a guy used a l1a1 muzzle break on it, how much trouble is it to get that working? good option or would it not turn out looking all that hot?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:40:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:12:30 AM EDT
[#2]
i'm planning on keeping the stock furniture, cheesy plastic grips and all.
i have to admit, the muzzle break for the 65 does look vicious..and dare i even say evil?
i was under the impression that the extended amd 65 break would give the extra few inches i needed, oh well. how short will it still be? if i go the route of a barrel extension and then the muzzle break do i need to perm. attach the extension to be legal?

a fal fh could look interesting, some of those look really neat.
is the only option the blank adapter if i decided to go that way?
any source on those?

i was thinking about a fake can, but then i'd have to get it finished as well...
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:15:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:28:41 PM EDT
[#4]
alright. you have a point, keep it amd- keep it scary.

is tapco about as cheap as those extended amd breaks are gonig to come or is there another source for them that may save me a few bones?
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:50:52 PM EDT
[#5]
i used a FAL flash hider with bushing and drilled and taped #6-32 set crew long enough to stay proud of hider when tight the filled of flush. looks cool and TAPCO has them cheap in close out section.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:57:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:03:41 AM EDT
[#7]
sweet. i hadn't placed the order yet, was gonna wait since it was expensive to see if i could find a better deal. when they get listed, i'll be throwing another order your way. thanks a million. definatley hoping you get more in, of course, i'm always rooting for your site to grow.

ps. any news on the plastic skelaton stock you were trying to mold?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:14:14 AM EDT
[#8]
I am in the process of buildiong an AMD and I used a 5-5 1/2 AR "commando" flash hider welded onto the stub of the original AMD "sanke brake".  If anyone would like a pic, email me and I will send it to ya'

Chris,
[email protected]

by the way, the AMD that I am building is an underfolder, I too am looking for something that is WAY out there, but still look cool.

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:15:51 AM EDT
[#9]
I built an L1A1 flash hider for my AMD65. The FH was from Tapco for 99cents, the blank adapter came with the AMD kit. I had a machinest turn down the BA as far as he could without ruining it, then had the FH reamed out about 10 thousandsant till the BA would just slipfit inside it. Screwed the BA onto the mussle threads all the way down, then pushed the FH onto the BA, lined it up so everything was straight, then welded the FH to the BA. It looks cool, plus has a bayonet stud for freaking out the anti gunners. Numrich arms has brand new L1A1 bayonets for $15. The machine work cost me $40. Sorry, don't have a digital camera. If anyone wants to send me their digicam, I prefer Nikon

OJF
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top