Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2005 8:33:07 PM EDT
Does anyone have any tips on installing a scope side rail onto a home-built receiver?
Should it be aligned to the top or the bottom of the receiver (I'm thinking top).
Does such a thing as a template exist for installing scope rails?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:38:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I installed one and used the top as a reference point.  Need to have a micrometer and space it.  Mine was almost dead on elevation wise when I tested with my scope.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:46:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, it needs to be parallel to the top rail. Mine came with the following measurements.
Front hole = from front of receiver measure back 4.17 inches and down .866 inch from top rail.
Rear hole = from front hole measure back 2.99 inches and .807 inch from top rail.

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:03:27 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Yes, it needs to be parallel to the top rail. Mine came with the following measurements.
Front hole = from front of receiver measure back 4.17 inches and down .866 inch from top rail.
Rear hole = from front hole measure back 2.99 inches and .807 inch from top rail.

Hey guys, who  makes / sells them?  Looking for one to fit a Bulgarian AK74 and a Romy7.62 kit.
Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:22:47 AM EDT
[#4]
You can buy both from:
tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/

Request a price list from Doug.  He has both styles you are looking for.  I've ordered twice from him and no problems.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 10:48:40 AM EDT
[#5]
K-var has them.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 1:22:33 PM EDT
[#6]
There are 2 different sized ones.  K-Var has it for the 47 and Tantal has them all.  I'll find out soon since I ordered one from K-var (47) and one from Tantal (74).  

AK47 rear block www.k-var.com/product.asp?0=216&1=250&3=340 and 74 rear block www.k-var.com/product.asp?0=216&1=250&3=339 are usually different lengths.  If you use the wrong one you might block the axis pins.  If need be you can use anyone but it might involve a little dremeling.  Why bother just get the right one.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top