Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2005 10:21:32 AM EDT
I have seen where it is said that these require total heat treating, but then where it is said that that is impossible 'cause it will warp. Cold steel solutions says on there web page that a 40 thousands receiver needs total heat treet. I've built two so far on Tapco flats and have on sitting on the bench right now allmost done, I've only fired a couple hundred rounds each, no problem and I only heat treated the ejecter and FCG holes.

Can anyone tell me how many rounds one of these little bitchs can go with this type of heat treat?

I'm pretty sure it will go a few thousand rounds with no problem, but want to hear from others.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 12:36:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Man, it's really slow around here today!
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 2:06:33 PM EDT
[#2]
If you want to treat the whole receiver without warping, cut some sleeves out of steel tubing the same thickness as the trunnion and the tang, install a few sleeves where you already have holes in the front, the rear, and the center.  Then it is supported, and won't warp when you heat and cool it.  Most people from what I hear just do the trigger and hammer pin holes though.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 2:57:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I just do the trigger holes/ejectors but know people who just do the ejector and probably easily have a thousand through them with no problems.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 3:52:57 PM EDT
[#4]
just under 1000rd's and just like new.
Link Posted: 3/18/2005 12:02:59 AM EDT
[#5]
What the??  you mean you are actually supposed to shoot these things??

I have just been building for the fun of it...
Link Posted: 3/18/2005 6:48:52 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
What the??  you mean you are actually supposed to shoot these things??

I have just been building for the fun of it...

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top