Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2004 6:52:20 PM EDT
After seeing all the pistols being built I decided I better build a few while they could still be done pretty cheap. Seems like every time I find something I like and decide that I better get one or build one the kits have doubled or receivers can’t be found. Well this time I got off my butt and made it happen. I finally got number one done and am getting the stuff together for number two. Here’s number one

Number two will be oh so tactical.  Here are some pics of the beginning of number two. I got a Tapco Galil hand guard and cut it down to fit the Ultimak I modified. Also have a different gas block that’ll be added before long. This one will be alittle longer in the making.

Link Posted: 12/16/2004 7:06:01 PM EDT
[#1]
OH MY!  I hope you aren't going to actually SHOOT that deathtrap!  First of all, everybody knows that the screws will fly out on the first shot sending the guts of the gun flying through your skull and vaporizing your testicles!  Sheez, man, don't you read these posts!

Seriously, looks good.  I'm using a slant brake, Tapco foreend and Tapco SAW grip on my pistol build.  A little more expensive, but I like the look.  Maybe my second build will be built on the long-krink style you used.
Link Posted: 12/16/2004 7:52:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Badger
         On the first one I just wanted to put it togather with what I had. I didnt have a slant brake here so I put on the Krink MB. Dont really like it because of the added link but it works. Number two will be shorter and alittle meaner looking.
Link Posted: 12/17/2004 6:40:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I like what you have done with the second project.  You seem to have a good plan for a sexy and functional set up.  I am partial to dot sights anyway and I think that you will really like having that set up on your gas tube.  I would try a FAL/SAW grip just to see how you like it, as it makes AK's so much more manageable.  I think that you would really like it, especially with the pistol set up.  POST THOSE PIC's of the second build, I really want to see those.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2004 8:16:51 PM EDT
[#4]
good job on both man!!!
nothing wrong with a krink muzzle brake
Link Posted: 12/18/2004 8:47:16 AM EDT
[#5]
that rail is so needed on a pistol my next pistol build i think im gonna remove the sights all together
btw GJ
Link Posted: 12/19/2004 7:10:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks excellent!
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 8:35:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Can anyone tell me where to get the gas tube replacement for the AMD-65 (as seen on that first picture)?  The stock AMD-65 gas tube is shorter than a regular AK and does not have the flanges to mount a handguard.  What is the common way to remedy this?

please, also reply to [email protected]
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 12:41:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Can anyone tell me where to get the gas tube replacement for the AMD-65 (as seen on that first picture)?  The stock AMD-65 gas tube is shorter than a regular AK and does not have the flanges to mount a handguard.  What is the common way to remedy this?

please, also reply to [email protected]

You have to get a standard gastube and cut it to the correct length then you use a socket and press to expand it. Theres a post going into all the details around here some where Im sure someone will come along and add a hot link to it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:35:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Looks great. I like your Galil handgaurd idea. I'm building a krink pistol and later a AMD pistol I might go a the Galil route on the handgaurd for the AMD pistol.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top