Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2004 2:17:50 PM EDT
I want to put a Romanian slant brake on my SAR-1. If I thread the barrel 14mmx1 LH, are the only parts I need the brake, K-VAR part #AK-016, and the spring and retainer pin, K-VAR part # AK-073?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:47:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Unless your front sight block is already drilled you will need AK-023. Or you can try drilling a .873 deep hole in your FSB. Either way you need to knock out your FSB retaining pins, so you might as well get AK-025 FSB retaining pins.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 8:31:06 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I want to put a Romanian slant brake on my SAR-1. If I thread the barrel 14mmx1 LH, are the only parts I need the brake, K-VAR part #AK-016, and the spring and retainer pin, K-VAR part # AK-073?

I have to be honest... I am glad you asked this!!!  I am building an AMD-65 and I need to plan to save the spring and retainer pin from it as I need to silver solder the extened brake on anyways...  

Also, while you are at it, you may also want to get a new gas block so that you can add an AK-bayonet...
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:55:48 PM EDT
[#3]
My front sight already has the hole in it, why would I need to remove it? I'm thinking about getting the new gas block, or I may just tig weld it up and then mill it down to fit the bayonet.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 1:40:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
My front sight already has the hole in it, why would I need to remove it? I'm thinking about getting the new gas block, or I may just tig weld it up and then mill it down to fit the bayonet.

Ok, you're good to go. Just knock out your front pin on your FSB. (that's the one that will hold the retainer pin) I like your idea of building up the gas block, I gave up on removing the GB from my SLR95 after the struggle and resulting boogers I put in the barrel removing the FSB. Mine didn't have the hole for the retainer pin.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top