Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2004 9:27:41 AM EDT
I'll be dremeling out a WASR-10 to accept doublestack magazines soon (Yup, I'm in NJ. 15 rounds is the limit, but d/s mags are cheaper and US floorplates are available for them).  Would anyone be willing to sketch out a template from the magwell of their standard AK for me?  This is my first AK and my first conversion, so needless to say I'm a little nervous  Also, what's the best attachment for the dremel?  I'm guessing it'd take a few too many of those explosive little cutoff disks.  Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:33:11 PM EDT
[#1]
You might want to get some of those reinforced cut off wheels. The heavy duty ones that have the fibreglass crosshatching thread in them. I use them to grind off all sorts of stuff and havent had one explode yet, unlike those little skinny brittle ones. As for the template, I think most people just use a double stack mag as a template. Try this link. Its a tutorial on how to grind open the magwell. Post some pics when ya get done with it. WASR-10 Magwell Tutorial
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:28:16 AM EDT
[#2]
u also need to change the plate under the trigger guard as its way thicker on the single stck and after u open it up they wont lock in quite right atleast the 1 i opened  didnt
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top