Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2004 8:13:54 PM EDT
Anyone know?  One that won't require tooling on my part.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:45:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Every AK build will require some tooling...  The easiest and best receiver is likely OOW:  www.ohioordnanceworks.com/parts/akm/akm.htm.  

As for easy kits to build, the kits with the barrel still pressed into the front trunion are pretty darned easy to build with screws using basic tools and skills.  If you can weld, that is even easier based on what I had seen at a recent build party... Rivet builds require a fair amount of extra work and tools!

The big thing with an underfolder is the location of the serial number...  OOW puts the serial number on the bottom of the receiver while other manufactures have the serial number where you have to cut for the underfolder....

Good Luck!

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:53:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Firing Line has a milled underfolding recceiver.  If it's anything like the standard milled reciever I used for a build, it's top notch stuff.  Expensive but very nice.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:31:21 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Firing Line has a milled underfolding recceiver.  If it's anything like the standard milled reciever I used for a build, it's top notch stuff.  Expensive but very nice.

This?  www.angelfire.com/ok3/firingline/page2.html

If so, will that work with a Russian underfolder parts kit?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:16:24 PM EDT
[#4]
If you just want an OOW receiver, over on the Hometown Forum we are trying to get people together to order from OOW through Derek at AZEXARMS.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 2:49:24 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
If you just want an OOW receiver, over on the Hometown Forum we are trying to get people together to order from OOW through Derek at AZEXARMS.

Link?  I'd be in (depending on price) as long as they are "underfolder-ready" receivers.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:52:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Global Trades will be selling underfolder receivers soon.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top