Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2003 7:19:38 PM EDT
I promised these ages ago, but just got a new digicam.  Here are some closeups of the bulgie FSB/AK-103.com brake.  I also replaced the gas block.  It wasn't all that difficult, and after a parkerizing, it looks pretty damn nice.  The holes in the rear were welded with a MIG.  You can see a bit where my welder buddy got a bit overzealous with the air sander.  In hindsight I wish I had done the sanding, but I can live with it.  The other side is perfect, and if I decide to enamel this rifle, then I will hide the few scrapes that you an see.

take care,
Tec

Link Posted: 1/3/2003 5:24:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks good!
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 8:31:39 PM EDT
[#2]
 Looks very good, very factory.  Nice to have one with the great Izhmash mark.

What hammer did you use?

The welds/grinding look ok.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 10:01:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Is it just me, or is that brake on misaligned? Did you get that from AK-USA? Was that FSB threaded or did you use an adaptor?

Just curious. The gas block and the receiver looks plain awesome. It's just the brake and FSB that bothers me.

Nevertheless, it's better than what I could do right now.

themao
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 5:39:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm shooting the pic from slightly underneath the rifle..it's just an illusion.  The top-hole on a 74-brake isn't at the 12 o'clock position.  It is from AK USA, and it is threaded and soldered.  I used a Bulgarian FSB with a functioning plunger assembly, so there's really physically no way for the brake to be misalligned.  The brake threads onto the factory FSB threads.  I really didn't even need the plunger assembly, since I soldered it, but it looks authentic, and it's kinda neat to be able to push in the pin, even on a postban.

take care,
Tec

Link Posted: 1/4/2003 5:40:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Oh yeah, the trigger I'm using is from Red Star Arms, and it's flawless.

take care,
Tec
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 4:37:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Well Done!
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 5:03:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top