Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2002 10:52:16 PM EDT
If a person hypothetically happened to own a SAR1 and then hypothetically got one of those K-var Bulgarian AK74s, and realized that the strange doohickey on the trigger and other strange part were no doubt for select-fire, which is illegal and morally wrong, would one hypothetically be in legal trouble?  Would those hypothetical parts be enough in the you-know-who's eyes to constitute intent to have a hypothetical illegal machinegun?

If so, what would one hypothetically do?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 4:12:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 5:02:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 1:46:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 2:21:22 PM EDT
[#4]
It gets weird. AR FCG and carriers can be dropped in by hand and you are in trouble (and the Tapco mailer says FFL rules apply for these). FAL kits come with the FA receiver cut and it is OK because nobody expects you to do the very hard work of swapping ejector blocks to transfer one with the FA sear to you new FAL upper receiver. But I have never heard of AK FA parts being installed without the 3rd hole/pin, which is easily seen from several feet away.
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 7:30:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, I asked in the legal section and someone other than Steve in Va answered.

I didn't realize the bolt carrier had a 'bad' part on it along with the selector.

He suggested I sell the 'bad' parts.  Any idea what to ask for?

Thanks again!
Link Posted: 10/7/2002 3:45:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top