Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2002 4:12:43 PM EDT
Want that bakelite pistolgrip look with out the US parts count hassle. Try painting your pistolgrip with the color of your choice. I degreased mine then applied a couple coats of primer. Let the primer dry a couple days then polish with brown shoe polish to get the proper sheen. Mine has held up pretty good so far.

My second photo shows the slant break I ordered from Global Trades. I cleaned out the inner threads, drilled and tapped for a set screw, then dimpled my barrel. Pressed onto the barrel, then installed set screw with lock tight. File set screw tip to a slight point to get a better grip. File down exposed set screw, touch up with Cold Blue. The brake retaining pin was made from a nail I turned down to the correct size, cut to the correct length,  I removed material for the pin to slide back and forth over the front sight base retaining pin. After application of Cold Blue, I pushed out the forward sight base pin, installed a spring from a ball point pen, then installed the brake pin followed by the reinstallation of the sight base pin. I think this gives a more realistic look to the brake. As you can tell the Cold Blue wears off with time giving a nice patina and character to the weapon. This brake install has held up now for over 1000 rds.
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 4:38:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top