Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/5/2013 3:52:10 AM EDT
Is there a rear sight block I can buy to remove any trace of the original rear sight? I want it for a set-up with a rear aperture sight.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 7:10:00 PM EDT
[#1]
If you're able to find the rear sight block from a PAR rifle (pump action romanian made AKs- Par-1 Par-2 or Par-3, each respectively in 7.62x39mm, 5.45 or  5.56mm) those guns had a flat, featureless RSB. the guns are pretty rare and so the rear sight blocks even moreso, but on the upside people do convert these rifles over to gas operation and generally the old RSB is removed and sold or thrown in a junk drawer.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:26:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Dremel.
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 4:56:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dremel.
View Quote

Seconded. There's not much you can't do with a dremel, a file, and judicious care.
Link Posted: 12/23/2013 4:41:17 AM EDT
[#4]
You could try this place, I got to see & handle their products at a gun show they look and feel solid.
But I haven't bought any myself.
http://www.sabrewerks.com/
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 4:54:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Beryl?

RTG has the rails but not the block itself.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top