Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2012 5:34:01 AM EDT
I am planning building either an AK-74 to replace the one I sold to buy my SLR-106 or a Yugo M72 RPK this spring. The plan for the 74 is pretty straight forward but the M72 is another matter. I found a parts kit and the receiver will be from Nodak but I am still up in the air on the barrel. I see US made ones for $85, but also see original Yugo take-offs for $40. I have read that the take-off barrels are fine and just a little dark and that they look like sewer pipes. I would like to use a hammer-forged barrel and save a little money if I can, but can anyone who has built one tell me their experience with the take-off barrels? Should I just spend the extra $45 and buy the US barrel?

I should note that this will be a M.O.M. gun, not looking to make "AK tack driver" (figuratively speaking).
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:58:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I've seen new Yugo barrels floating around for $120 I think I would spend the $$ on one of them,but Im not entirely sold on the US made barrels yet

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 4:16:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I've seen new Yugo barrels floating around for $120 I think I would spend the $$ on one of them,but Im not entirely sold on the US made barrels yet  

There's a guy on GB that sells new M72 barrels. No reason to buy US barrels until he sells out.

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top