Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2009 2:21:58 PM EDT
Got one complete...but need help puttin the pieces together....can someone lend a hand? Photos would be awesome!
Link Posted: 3/12/2009 10:50:54 AM EDT
[#1]
What do you have to put together?
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:51:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Got one complete...but need help puttin the pieces together....can someone lend a hand? Photos would be awesome!

I'm in the same boat as you.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 3:33:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm in the same boat as you.

Oh, you wanted one of the stocks that can actually be assembled?? I must have misunderstood, those are quite a bit more expensive ;-)

Laughs aside, are you having issues understanding how the mechanism works / goes together.. or simply having difficulty getting it installed? Here's a quick rundown that might or might not help.

1) Install the spring. The wide end hooks under & into the curved bend at the front of the 'shoe' (the stamped metal part which fits inside the receiver). Install it so that the wide end is resting flush on the inside surface of the shoe, and the small end is sitting about 1/4" from the surface.

2) Slide the pin into the holes in the shoe.. it goes OVER the spring. If you have the spring installed correctly, it will be pressing upward against the pin, holding itself in place. If not, flip the spring over and do it right.

3) Orient the locking lever as it would be when installed (knurling on the top). Slide the locking plunger onto the lever, with the locking wedge facing up. Slide it until it's resting on top of the little peak on the lever, near the knurled portion.

4) Install the lever / plunger into the shoe/pin/spring assembly. Small end of lever goes OVER the small end of the spring, and UNDER the pin. The notch in the top of the lever should locate on the pin.

5) Now, it's a matter of keeping the parts in place, as you slide the entire assembly onto the bottom of the block that has the folding stock attached to it. The shoe slips into a pair of grooves on the sides of the block, the plunger fits into the round hole closer to the rear of the block. Once you have things lined up, it all just slides together.

6) If you did it right, the shoe will encounter spring tension as you try to install it fully to the block, about the last 1/4" or so of movement. So, compress it and and slip the whole works into the rear of the receiver.

7) Install the pistol grip nut, pistol grip and finally the single screw that goes through the trunnion into the block.

God I hope that makes sense to someone other than myself.. photos coming if not.

-L

-L
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 1:59:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey thanks Legendre! You sold it to me and helped me assemble it. I got it working from your instructions. Thanks Much better than that frail plastic Tapco it replaced.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top