Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2008 7:44:57 AM EDT
Finished up my Romey G build and for the life of me I can not get the lower hand guard retaining lever to lock back.

It works fine when I take out the metal clip on the front of the lower hand guard.  Its solid with no wobble.

Do I need that clip?
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:52:54 AM EDT
[#1]
That clip is to take the play out of various lengths of lower forends so technically no.  But I would suggest working it so you can keep it like it should be.  Is the lower handguard flush with the receiver?  If not start there.  Then if necessary Dremel the front part enough to get it to lock in place.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 10:54:34 AM EDT
[#2]
The rear is flush, I dremelled the front a tiny.  I took out the clip and bent it down a little so it would compress easier.  I think I will just roll with it like it is till it gets loose then try a fix.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 12:57:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Your call, just after all I have built it is best to keep as many original parts in the thing as you can.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 2:25:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Be careful, I pushed to hard on the lever and it snapped off! Still not sure how I'm going to fix it.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top