Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/3/2007 11:46:52 AM EDT
So i was thinking about building, actually i've decided it, but that's not the point. Thing is... I have a very specific idea for this build. therefore, i don't need all the CRAP that comes in the parts kits. so who's selling complete front ends (minus furniture), preferablly demilled?

basically what i'm looking for is everything forward of the reciever, bolt, bolt carrier, and dust cover.

the trigger guard i'm getting from tromix, as with the sights (going h&k g3, front welded on the gas block and removing the front sight block). FSE double hook fcg, utg quad rails, command arms pistol grip, tango down vfg.

another part that i've not yet figured out what i want to go with is the stock. I'm flipping between a ace internal block with ace folding stock, ak-74 style folding stock or a k-var solid polymer folding stock. collapsable stocks already ruled out.

so if anyone knows of any dealers that sell just the stuff foward of the reciever... please post.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 12:33:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't limit yourself as you will probably find you are spending more that way if you do.  I have a box at the place we do the build parties of parts I don't use seeing how I don't normally build using all the original parts.  In some cases everything behind the receiver (that is the stock) is not even worth it anyways.  I hope that helps.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 12:46:50 PM EDT
[#2]
i found a site just a second ago, but they want more for the demilled pieces seperatly than i'd pay for a parts kit. so i guess it's just a little extra work. no biggie.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top