Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/7/2019 1:50:36 PM EDT
I picked up a Harbor Freight bench for $75 the other day, the one in the store was wobbly as all hell so I thought I'd have to weld it up and add bracing to make it stronger.  It turns out that when assembled correctly, this bench is really pretty dang nice.  I wanted a place just for firearm cleaning, and AR assembly.  I haven't built one yet, so I thought I should make a dedicated space.

What kinds of things do you keep on your gun bench?

I'm looking to share ideas.

Link Posted: 11/7/2019 3:35:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Since we're talking HF, one thing you should get (actually, get a couple) is the magnetic strips.
There's usually a free coupon, so they cost you ~$0.50/ea.
I have tons of them. Everywhere from at work benches to next to both the mill and lathe, for holding work tools.

Item# 61199,62178,65489,60433

Link Posted: 11/7/2019 7:51:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I got a universal type bench. It has a regular vise on one side and a stocking vice on the other. I also have some cheap vices bolted to the legs so I can clamp in a support for when I work on long stocks or barrels. Sometimes I even use the very end for a casting station. My tools live in several of my tool boxes that I found on sale. I just recently added a storage shed under my deck so I can finally start storing my yard tools in it and free up some floor space.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top