Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/22/2019 3:38:11 AM EDT
In anticipation on getting my Primary Weapon Systems rifke that I have on order, been looking at a lot of YouTube videos and I see the lube pen being used on the bolt carrier in some of the videos.

Finally found it on Bing, never seen one before.  Anyone have experience with this?  Looks like a touch up pen for stain, to use on furniture

Thanks

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/22/2019 5:04:33 AM EDT
[#1]
You would pretty much rub it on the lube points.

If it was me I wouldn't use it.
My two favorite lubes for the Ar is Brakfree LP and Slip EWL
The Brakfree LP is alittle thicker than their CLP.
Because it doesn't have the cleaner.
Link Posted: 9/22/2019 8:01:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I just use Castrol HD 30 that I have for my small engines and sewing machine oil on FCG a thin coat of grease on the lugs.
I don't believe that my ARs are made of exotic materials or operate under extreme conditions that warrants the price of specialty lubes.
Link Posted: 9/22/2019 10:14:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Nothing negative directed at OP. How do you now lube your bcgs? That seems a bit much and worthless imo. Assorted needle bottles w/ oil, fingers, double-end cleaning brush, etc works very well.
Link Posted: 9/22/2019 12:49:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nothing negative directed at OP. How do you now lube your bcgs? That seems a bit much and worthless imo. Assorted needle bottles w/ oil, fingers, double-end cleaning brush, etc works very well.
View Quote
Logan,

No problem, I was more curious about the pen than anything

Lubes I use now are Slip 2000, EWL and grease and Wilson Combat.  Been using Wilson for over 20 years, not one problem.  Started with Slip about 6 years ago and the grease and EWL are some of the best available

In addition, I also sue Breakfree CLP and a local product to me, made in my home town, Safari Charlies.   The SC is a real good lube all, think of it as a cross between Sheath and CLP

And yes I do agree on the useless,  I use the best applicators available, my fingers and QTips

Thanks,

Link Posted: 9/22/2019 4:51:26 PM EDT
[#5]
"I was more curious about the pen than anything." Yep, curious is a good word. A damn boutique luber.
Link Posted: 11/3/2019 5:47:45 PM EDT
[#6]
OP, Q tips not fany enough for you?  Lol. Sometimes I just use my finger, I like fingerin' my little honeys.
Link Posted: 11/3/2019 8:27:41 PM EDT
[#7]
The container is very similar to an oil applicator that a company called WestStar Aviation would give away at their vendor booth at air shows, along with coffee coasters and other marketing advertisements. Except the containers were marked/identified as WD-40.

For oil and greases I found a “dental irrigation” syringe called Easyglide 1012. A box on Amazon is $12 for 50. They have a plastic curved tip that can reach most any spot on a firearm. The orifice is 0.5mm or smaller and is controllable for small amounts of oil or grease. Keep a variety in the range box    without any storage concerns.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 12:24:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Those tiny needle oilers from brownells or a craft store seem to be the ticket for me.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 9:35:02 AM EDT
[#9]
I have a couple of them, they work but I don't really like them much.

The marker end is like a very hard felt, almost plastic. It comes dry and is spring loaded. You have to hold it vertically and push the tip up to release a little oil that runs down the tip each time you do that. The tip then gets black from carbon the first time you use it. You can pull the end off and refill them.

They are too big to reach into hard to get places, a needle tip applicator or precision oiler are much better for that and have better control of applying the oil.

Precision oiler
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top